latest update is awful
bradymp2003

I took the update and my note 3 is awful, alot worse than before. Question to a VZW REP. How do we get back to original software that came on my note3 since it was better, this update needs to be pulled.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: latest update is awful
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

bradymp2003 wrote:

I took the update and my note 3 is awful, alot worse than before. Question to a VZW REP. How do we get back to original software that came on my note3 since it was better, this update needs to be pulled.

No, you can't officially roll back to the previous update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rdrshel

I have to agree. Call quality seemed to get better, but now my phone wont hold a consistent signals with fluctuations from 1x to 3g to LTE.This happens in spots where i would be able to hold a LTE signal but now goes to 3g or 1x. This didnt happen until this update yesterday. Very disappointed,  I hope they fix this asap.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

bradymp2003 wrote:

No, you can't officially roll back to the previous update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rizzell
Enthusiast - Level 2

I to have noticed a weaker signal. My signal was better than my note 2 at my house but after the update the signal got worse even dropping to 3g sometimes.  When I was having problems with the call quality the better 4G signal was the only thing that was keeping me from returning the phone. But now the signal is gone don't know if I'm going to keep it.

0 Likes
rdrshel

I'm in the same boat as you. I really like the phone but if my signals going to be this quirky then im not sure if i will keep the phone. i tried to chat with a rep about this problem today but there was none available. I hope Verizon straightens this problem out soon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's fix this rdrshel! Try powering the device off, remove/insert the sim here http://vz.to/GZzvVB power on and test. If unsuccessful please backup and complete a factory reset here http://vz.to/15V14sJ and test. Please keep me posted on your success. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there rizell,

Software updates are meant to enhance the features on your phone and not hinder them and I want to make sure that we get your Note 3 up and running on this newest software version.

You should not have to sacrafice the quality of your 4G service to get good call quality of vice versa. Did the call quality improve? What zip code are you having these issues in?

One thing I would have you do is to power off the device and remove and reinsert the sim card,http://vz.to/GZzvVB.

Keep us updated with results.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rizzell
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Nicholasb VZW I never tested the speed before the update because I never had a reason to. Note 3 was faster than the note 2 and I was happy with that but I did have the call quality issue. But after the update the note internet speed dropped. Notice slower times for web pages coming up and video stuttering. Just did a speed test and got 8mbps down and 5 mbps up and that's with 2 signal bars showing. I'm in zip 21220 and never had a problem before. I've done battery pulls, sum card pulls, and did a hard reset after the update.

0 Likes
jbhouff

My reception has been horrible since the latest update as well.  I live in the western part of Virginia and since the update I keep dropping LTE coverage when there was no problems before.  Also I now have a problem with having any signal in places where it was fine before the update.  I have pulled the sim and have done a factory reset and nothing helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi rizzell,

Your efforts are greatly appreciated! Please advise, did you re-add all of your existing applications after completing the reset? Do you experience the slower speeds in an outdoors? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes