lollipop update
xrayangel

Since the update, I'm experiencing severe battery drain,  cannot turn screen lock off and the "searching for GPS" on the drop down window is SOOOO OOO annoying. Any suggestions???

0 Likes
Re: lollipop update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want to make sure you can enjoy the latest update, xrayangel. How long is your battery lasting? If you check Settings>Battery, is there an app that stands out? Did you previously have a lock screen set for your device? What happens when you go to Settings>Lock Screen?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
xrayangel

Hi AndreasThanks for the reply! I've attached some screenshots that were taken just a minute  ago. The battery never lasts more than 5 or 6 hrs.  Regarding  the lock screen...i didn't have it on during upgrade. I turn lock screen on quite often while I'm at work and away from my desk but then remove it when I  return. Sometimes I do this multiple times a day. But now, when I go to unlock, some of the options are grayed out, including the "none" option. Has this changed from the upgrade? This is very annoying When I'm at home and dont need the lock.Also is the any way to turn notification  off for the LOCATION? I would like to have my location on but very annoying on the drop-down. It is constantly seaching.thanks so muchAngelique

Sendrop-down  my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hmm, that's definitely interesting, xrayangel. I like to keep the screen lock enabled while I'm out and disabled when I'm home, so I can see how this change has become an inconvenience for you. I've seen instances where a third party application requires a lock screen to be active, and will disable the "None" option. If you start your phone using Safe Mode, are you able to access all of the lock screen settings? http://vz.to/1d0SZSq

I apologize, as it appears the screen shots were not posted. What applications did you find were using the majority of the battery life? Do you use the original charger?

In regards to the location notification, can you share some more details? Do you receive a notification with just the Location setting being enabled? What does the notification say? By going to Settings>Location>Mode, if you change the mode does this affect the notification you are receiving?

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
xrayangel

So sorry about the pics. Here are the screenshots. I changed the GPS setting and it worked. I had it on the  most accurate setting and changed to the next one down. And yes, I always use the original charger. 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
This seems odd, xrayangel! Software updates should have improved your phone, not have it worse. When was the update done? It does take a few days for your phone to optimize and your battery to normalize once again. However, we are making progress and I am glad we fixed your GPS issue.

I do apologize as the scree shoots were not uploaded and are not able to view them on our end. Were you able to place your phone into safe mode to see if this helped? If you can also try powering your phone off, remove sim card for about 2minutes, reinsert sim card and power phone back on.

JorgeO_VZW
0 Likes
xrayangel

I tried doing the safe mode thing and it didn't change. The swipe, signature and none options are grayed out and I am unable to select any of them. I'm attempting again to send you a screen shot of it

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Xrayangel, thank you so much for trying these steps for us. If you are still having the same issue even while you are in safe mode we know then that the 3rd party apps are not causing the issue. Have you been able to try to use the Software Repair Assistant for your device? You can find the steps on how to complete that on this link: http://spr.ly/6583AZIW Please keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
0 Likes