Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lollipop
note3lollipop

When will my galaxy note 3 get the 5.0 lollipop update ??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: lollipop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

note3lollipop,

Having the latest software on your phone is definitely important, so I understand your concern. But no need to worry because once the update is available for your phone it will be automatically pushed to your phone. Once it is available it will be posted here as well http://vz.to/1CVpWCi.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

note3lollipop,

Having the latest software on your phone is definitely important, so I understand your concern. But no need to worry because once the update is available for your phone it will be automatically pushed to your phone. Once it is available it will be posted here as well http://vz.to/1CVpWCi.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

note3lollipop

But do you know how long it will be before note 3 gets the 5.0 update ?

free_popcorn
Novice

Read the s5 forums about the update...I would not be too eager about getting it.

Not applicable

reps do not know when phones are getting updates and if they did they wouldn't tell anyone.

kaisersosay82

I am in the uk and just had the s5. Updated it to lollipop. I don't know what's going on with the verizon version but I was happy with the european version. It was as smooth as silk. Seems like verizon have a lot of trouble compared to Europe. Our updates become available much sooner and are easier to obtain. Now I have a verizon note 3 (by accident) and again European version is available but I have to wait. Had a taste of lollipop and now kit kat doesn't seem as sweet as it used too. Consider yourself lucky mind. Waiting for lg to update their European phones was like watching paint dry.

kaisersosay82

Any news then verizon? I think you should do a Scotty (chief engineer Montgomery Scott from star treks starship enterprise) and give your customers an over exaggerated eta. Then when it doesn't take as long as you have said people will be singing your praises. I do believe your customers (including myself) would rather hear "it is going to take time but we're still working hard" a dozen times than hear nothing at all. Alternatively you could just unlock the bootloader for us and that would keep people happy for some time? No harm in asking. 🙂 Please enjoy the free smile I have enclosed.

Not applicable

They aren't going to give an ETA nor are they ever going to unlock the bootloader.

kaisersosay82

Got mine second hand and as soon as I connected to the computer it upgraded to 4.4.4 straight away. You know what that means. Should have read some forums before connecting doh! Not a great first experience with Verizon but oh well. You live and you learn.

Drew1976

It would be nice to see a release date considering this update has been rolling out for a couple months now and one of the most worthless cell carriers has released their update for the Note 3! How about giving us an actual release date, instead of a bunch of BS and the run around?