Re: mobile data turns on by itself
kathompson2nd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I assume you had to do this in store? I don't get this company sometimes. They make it so we can't root, which would lead to a fix to their buggy TouchWiz overlay, and release software that "steals" user data...I smell a class action if an update isn't pushed soon. Guess I'll have to complain in store.

0 Likes
OUTCASTED2003
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought our original Note 4s on-line. Never been to a store, they have always replaced them for free. They ship the phones to our house. These phones are plagued with many problems since all the new updates. Last time they told us not to upgrade, I said I am not going to click deny everyday when the pop-up notifications for the upgrade appear. Their customer service is a joke. They have sent us to Samsung which always refers us back to Verizon! This will be our last try with these Note 4s, told them we are Not paying $1400.00 for phones that suck. Our phones aren't even 90 days old. Well good luck with your support!

0 Likes
Jt91
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever find a fix for this issue?  I'm having the same problem. Every since the update, my mobile data automatically  turns on when I take it off of ultra power saving mode. Now the mobile data turns on randomly.  Also, my notification sound for text messages  doesn't work when I'm in ultra power saving mode. It works for calls though

OUTCASTED2003
Enthusiast - Level 3

No they can not figure out why the data comes on by itself. They replaced my Note 4 yet again. They are sending my last Note 4 directly to Samsung to tear down and find the problem. Call customer service and have them replace the phone, so far so good with my last replacement. Good luck!

kauffmds
Enthusiast - Level 1

The mobile data problem appears to be software and not hardware related.  Verizon can replace the phones until the cows come home and the problem will remain.  I have the same problem with my phone.  It started after the recent lollipop and Verizon updates.  I'm not sure which system update caused the problem, but I noticed it after the Verizon update.  I've even restricted background data, and I sat here and watched as the mobile data turned itself back on.  I made sure that the download booster was off.  I'm lucky that the phone has not inadvertently used mobile data.   Since i use very little mobile data, I have the minimal contract amount.  However, you can bet your bottom dollar that if I end up with an overage, I absolutely will not pay.  Verizon is aware of the problem and it is software related.  Since the problem is actually advantageous for Verizon, I'm not sure how quickly we'll see a solution. I'm not sure I can uninstall these updates, but that's my next step.

0 Likes
VA23666

Last Thursday I started having the same problem with data turning on by itself. I always use wifi and always have data turned off unless i am out at a store and need it on. I went thru everything to figure it out. Yesterday, I think I figured it out because my data has not turned on since. If you go into messages and settings, go to Multimedia messages and uncheck Auto retrieve. After I did that I waited a bit and nothing, restarted my phone and still no data turning itself on. I did this about 2 pm yesterday and so far my data has not turned on. This is what has worked for me, I hope it helps someone else.

0 Likes
kauffmds
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did as you suggested and went into the messages setting menu.  Under multimedia, auto retrieve was enabled, so I disabled it.  I thought it was working, until I looked 2 hours later, to find the data on again.  So, I went back into the messages settings, multimedia and found group conversations and MMS alert enabled.  I disabled everything under multimedia.   That was several hours ago and so far, so good.  The data has remained off.

0 Likes