my samsung note II fails to update to KitKat 4.4.2 HELP
TG97

Hi,

Since June I have been trying to install the new 4.4.2 update for my Samsung Note II.  Every time I get the same message -- Sorry, there was a problem updating your Samsung SCH-xxxx. No changes were made.

I have been to this forum several times trying suggestions made here.

I have done a hard reset and then tried to update --- did not work   -- same message

I have just rebooted into safe mode  and then tried the update  -- didn't work -- same message.

What else can I do?

0 Likes
Re: my samsung note II fails to update to KitKat 4.4.2 HELP
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That really stinks that you have done so much and have not been able to get this software to update! There is an application that can be downloaded to your computer and help with the software update on your phone called Software Upgrade Assistant. This is compatible with you model phone. Use the link to get you started http://vz.to/1pBNUKO

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
TG97

Thanks.

I apologize but the instructions aren't very clear about where I find this software. (VZWSUA.exe)

Is it suppose to be on my phone? Where do I download it from?  I search this site and didn't find it.

It doesn't show up on my phone either.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

tthere are so many whom wish their devices were never upgraded. be careful of what you seek.

try samsungs site if you are so inclined.

0 Likes
TG97

Yes I have seen some of those complaints.  But the upgrade message pops up several times a day and is driving me a little crazy.  I can see no way to skip this upgrade or stop the messages.

0 Likes
TG97

to be clear ....

Autoplay did not run when I plugged in the phone to my PC.

I did search my phone with windows explorer and did not find the VZWSUA.exe file.

I have search for it at both verizon and samsung and can't find it there.  Apparently it is suppose to be on my phone...???

I did do a hard reset earlier trying to get this update to install ... so maybe it was wiped then.

Anyway I can't run the Software Upgrade Assistant

Thanks

Tamlyn

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TG97,

Lets get that update to be successful so you can stop dealing with that pop up all the time! I've often found that putting a different SIM card in the phone will make the update work. Do you have a friend or family member with a SIM card the same size as the one for your phone? If so, you can try using their card to do the update, and then put your card back in. If not, any Direct Store http://bit.ly/3SdsA can give you one.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes