n910vvru2bof1 update on July 23 and now a dead SD card
dmertzanis

Shortly after the n910vvru2bof1 update on July 23, my phone said my SD card was not found. A day after this message my SD card is dead.  My SD card will not read on my phone or PC. So far, recovery programs have been unsuccessful(cannot see the drive much less information) Is there any hope in saving my data? Also, why did the update kill my 1 month old SD card?

0 Likes
Re: n910vvru2bof1 update on July 23 and now a dead SD card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Dmertzanis,

Data saver is our middle name today! I know the importance of getting your card back working so let's dive in to see what can be done about this. Is there any moisture or physical damage to the phone? What's the manufacturer/make of the SD card? Have you tried the card in another cellular phone device?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dmertzanis

The phone is only 4 months old, never touched water or moisture. The card is a KINGSTON 32GB Micro SD HC I1 and it is 2 months old at the most. I installed the SD card into another phone and it is also not showing up. It looks like the card got smoked during the update.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try reading the SD card with a computer and if it could be recovered from there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dmertzanis

As soon as its inserted into my computer, it asks me to format the disk. I select cancel of course. There is no data, nor is there a

I tried using Recuva to recover all the files, but I keep getting an error message saying there is no SD card.

Is it possible to uninstall the update, going back to n910vvru1boaf? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dmertzanis,

Thanks for the additional details.  Let's keep working.  I'm sure that you'd like to recover any files that may be on you external SD card, but we may need to attempt to format the card at this time.  Also, do you have another SD card to try in your phone to see if the SD card slot itself is still functioning.

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes