nomorobo
Doug_S1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry!

Unfortunately, Verizon Wireless does not support Nomorobo yet. 

Please call the customer service numbers below and ask that they add Nomorobo to their service. The more people that call them, the better. 

Verizon Wireless Customer Service - 1-800-922-0204

Tags (1)
Re: nomorobo
Johnhomer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please get nomorobo for us!!!

rcschnoor
Legend

Did you go to the Nomorobo website? They don't support ANY cellular providers. It might be better if you call Nomorobo and ask THEM to start supporting cellular providers.

If SOME cellular providers were supported, it would lead one to believe that Verizon may be the reason Nomorobo doesn't support them, but since NO cellular providers are supported it appears it MAY be on the Nomorobo end which is the holdup.

They ALSO do not support ANY traditional landline phone services either.

0 Likes
pylesw
Enthusiast - Level 1

Of course the phone companies aren't go to support NOMOROBO. The telemarketers pay for all those calls. It's probably a big business for the phone companies. In fact, they already know who the telemarkets are, based on volume of calls made. They could shut them down, but why would they, it's a huge loss in revenue.

I hate telemarketing calls like everyone else, but not expecting Verizon Wireless to do anything about it anytime soon. Glad NOMOROBO is trying to address it, but more and more of these telemarketers are starting to spoof caller ID numbers, appearing to come from valid numbers. Not sure how well their solution will work when they start blocking real calls from real people because of spoofed caller IDs.

A better approach would be to have the robocalls forwarded to the private number of the Verizon CEO. Then you'd see how quickly the problem is addressed. LOL.

stevegoldfield
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've phoned Verizon. I installed Nomorobo on my Comcast landline last year. At first, it worked great and filtered out lots of robocalls. Now, however, I get dozens of calls from the same callers using many different numbers. I report those, but nothing seems to happen. I've only received a few robocalls on my smartphone, one just now. I'm concerned that as more people abandon their landlines, robocalls to cellphones, though illegal, will skyrocket.

0 Likes
chachacha

It's 2016 and the time has come to be able to block solicitors via technology.  Why can't you implement Nomorobo?

Or are you holding back because of the $5.00 a month fee you get for blocking calls thru Verizon?

No one should have to pay to block calls that you are quite capable of blocking.  My land line provider provides this service. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

IF you can use Nomorobo on your landline provider, you don't have a traditional landline provider but a VoIP provider. You cannot use Normorobo on traditional landline providers because traditional landline providers do not utilize simultaneous ring.

Verizon does not BLOCK Nomorobo. They simply don't provide a technology Nomorobo needs in order to work. Why should Verizon invest in this technology so that Nomorobo can reap the benefit? IF only VoIP providers have simultaneous ring and Nomorobo WANTS to reach a larger audience, possibly Nomorobo should find another way to provide their service. THEY are the ones who reap a benefit from a service they provide. They should not expect other companies expend resources so that Nomorobo can expand their business. Let Nomorobo incur the cost for their own business ventures!!!!!!!

For what it is worth Nomorobo doesn't work on ANY cellular provider with the possible exception of Project Fi since it offers simultaneous ring. IF Nomorobo is so important to you, switch to Project Fi.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

chachacha wrote:

It's 2016 and the time has come to be able to block solicitors via technology.  Why can't you implement Nomorobo?

Or are you holding back because of the $5.00 a month fee you get for blocking calls thru Verizon?

Furthermore, if you are saying Verizon is holding back, why doesn't Verizon residential with their digital VoIP service ALSO hold back. Because of the technology of VoIP, Verizon has simultaneous ring included with their VoIP service. If they wanted to "hold back" as you claim, it seems they would have found some way to block it with their VoIP service which is not the case as seen at the following link.

https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/consumer-education/robocalls/nomorobo

0 Likes
chachacha

The customer is the one who benefits. I have Time Warner they have been

successful with implementing Nomorobo and I now have peace and quiet in my

house. Verizon needs to take some responsibility as these telemarketers use

Verizon as well as other carriers to place these illegal calls. They have

the ability to do this if they so choose.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

chachacha wrote:

The customer is the one who benefits.

Yes, the customer may benefit, but Nomorobo would ALSO benefit if Verizon would make this investment in order for Nomorobo to increase their customer base. The only one which WOULD NOT benefit is the company you expect to make the investment, Verizon Wireless.

chachacha wrote:

I have Time Warner they have been

successful with implementing Nomorobo and I now have peace and quiet in my

house. Verizon needs to take some responsibility as these telemarketers use

Verizon as well as other carriers to place these illegal calls. They have

the ability to do this if they so choose.

Yes, your Time Warner Cable VoIP landline service is able to utilize Nomorobo because it has simultaneous ring as do other VoIP landline services. Verizon Fios LANDLINE VoIP service is ALSO able to utilize Nomorobo because it has simultaneous ring as do other VoIP landline services as I pointed out in a previous post.

The problem is that CELLULAR providers don't have simultaneous ring technology in their service and therefore cannot utilize Nomorobo because NOMOROBO requires simultaneous ring technology to work in their current business model. IF Nomorobo wants to reach more customers, it MAY have to add additional ways of doing so INSTEAD of relying on OTHER companies to spend money so that Nomorobo can increase its customer base, a benefit to NOMOROBO.

You are correct, Verizon has the ability to spend the money in order to add simultaneous ring which would ALSO result in Verizon likely raising their prices to recoup their investment. I, for one, would not like to see the price of my Verizon cellular service rise further. THAT is not necessarily a benefit to the customer. Possibly you would pay extra for the ability to have simultaneous ring available to you. Maybe Verizon could add it to their FamilyBase service which they charge $5/month to subscribe. That way, those who want Nomorobo can pay for it and those who don't feel they need it don't need to subsidize you usage.Smiley Happy

Nomorobo ALSO has the ability to find another way of providing their service in order to reach customers WITHOUT simultaneous ring technology available to them. Personally, I feel the company providing the service should be the one to put forward the investment in order to gain a larger customer base, not some other company which would not realize a benefit UNLESS they raise their prices.

I see no reason why Verizon should subsidize Nomorobo's business model. Possibly you see it another way.Smiley Happy

0 Likes