Re: note 4 restarts unexpectedly
RedsonRising

I was having the same issues. Did some research and discovered an app called Wakelock. Free download from the play Store. Download, open, set to lvl 4,partial Wakelock and fixed most of my lagging/stalling/reboots. April update helped too it seems. Not sure if tonight's update fubars again. App fixed my issues mostly. I ended up getting the paid version of the app app to support the developer. I'm not affiliated with the developer at all

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Dwillian
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wakelock app does fix the problem, for now.  If you are getting emmc failures (you will see a message like image shown below after one of the random reboots) then there is a very good chance your phone will completely fail in the near future, unfortunately. This error suggest there is a hardware problem with the memory chips; most likely caused by a failing motherboard. If/when that happens (or earlier if you want to avoid an unexpected failure) I would highly recommend contacting Samsung Customer Service (1-800-SAMSUNG). That's what I had to do about a month ago and they completely restored my phone to "like new" condition for $70.31. It's been working great ever since.

Related image

STAWIL92
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I am having the same problem, but when I took it to a Samsung Support place they said they no longer had any more motherboards for the Note 4 and that the main service center (in Plano, TX) didn't either. I am on the phone with someone at Samsung right now who is offering me the same deal as you, except they said there will be an additional charge for the replacement parts. I just wanted to know if they later charged you for anything else, or if you really only paid the original $70 mentioned? The Samsung Repair Center seemed to indicate the new motherboard would cost me several hundred dollars, so it's weird to me that they didn't charge you anything else. Or did they not replace your and only repaired what you already had? I am a bit worried that my $70 will be wasted if my phone gets there and there aren't any more Note 4 motherboards, so I am trying to find that out before sending it. Also, would you say the phone has continue to function in "like new" fashion, now that you have had it back for more than a month? Or have there been any glitches?