poor reception, failed texts, several reboots a day, apps tweaking. 4.4.2 is a failure. Verizon, do your job and send 4.4.4 to the people!
Pulselive

Verizon, please fix 4.4.2 as it is a failure. It has taken great strength to not throw this phone in the garbage and it's not the notes fault

0 Likes
Re: poor reception, failed texts, several reboots a day, apps tweaking. 4.4.2 is a failure. Verizon, do your job and send 4.4.4 to the people!
hillary327

omg! I'm so glad I found this message. I am having the exact same problem. All after the update. I've only had the phone since the beginning of April. It worked flawlessly until this update. Now I have to wait and watch my messages or they may not go through. I have hit resend I don't know how many times. My bluetooth turns it self off and then asks me when i try to answer the phone if I want to reconnect bluetooth! REALLY? I sure hope they hear us and do some thing SOON.

0 Likes
Re: poor reception, failed texts, several reboots a day, apps tweaking. 4.4.2 is a failure. Verizon, do your job and send 4.4.4 to the people!
Not applicable

The problem is with Samsung not Verizon.

Google, Samsung did the kitty Kat update not coded by Verizon wireless

The devices you both held worked before the update, after the update they did not. It is Samsung's issue not the wireless providers.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon is slow to release software/OS updates, so don't count on KitKat verison 4.4.4 to be released for weeks to come. By then Android "L" (5.0) will be out, which I would like to see Samsung and Verizon work really hard to release 5.0 on the Note 3 at a much earlier schedule than they did for 4.4.2 KitKat. I would rather have them release 5.0 than to see a couple bug fixes on KitKat (4.4.3, 4.4.4) , then 5.0 rolled several months later while AT&T, Sprint, and T-mobile already had Android 5.0 months before. After all 4.4.4 is still KitKat which is already "old" considering that Android "L" 5.0 is already being leaked and previewed on Nexus devices.

0 Likes
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

Besides, it seems like the 4.4.2 KitKat update wasn't bad for everyone. My Note 3 was fine after rebooting and doing a cache wipe. Right now it's faster than ever without any lag and the battery lasts me 24-48 hours on a full charge with moderate use.

0 Likes
bcnewell

As of now Samsung has released a schedule for international versions of the S4 to get 4.4.4 soon. According to: Leaked Samsung Roadmap Reveals Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Schedules | NDTV Gadgets

T-Mobile already has it apparently. Samsung's official site: How do I update my Samsung Galaxy S® 4 to 4.4 KitKat Operating System? : Verizon Wireless Cell Phone...

Lists under a subheading 4.4.4 is released. Then it goes on to list new updates are for the 4.4.2 (pt 2) update-- Baseband: I545VRUFNG6. Baseband version, then list the update as the same listing of the first 4.4.2 upadate, baseband I545VRUFNC5. In otherwords there are a whole bunch of typos. I'm hoping that because it changed the number to 4.4.4, an update will be coming soon.

0 Likes