Re: "Samsung keyboard keeps stopping" since latest update
Irkentallest

Same problem here. Clearing the cache didn't work. Changing the keyboard to 3rd party fixes it until I use the emojii button in the default messaging app. I'm working around the issue using Package Disabler Pro to disable the Samsung Keyboard app. The emojii button doesn't work, but at least I don't get the error every 10 seconds. Would be nice if Verizon acknowledged the issue and fixed it.

0 Likes
nightgardener
Enthusiast - Level 1

ANDMOO72, thank you for posting this! I tried many of the suggested fixes, but yours was the one that worked for me. One small modification I had to make was that I had Swype installed, and your fix didn't work at first. But then I disabled Swype, set the virtual keyboard to Samsung Keyboard and then reset the Keyboard like you described, and it fixed the problem.  I went to the text app and was able to send emoj's, but of course the Swype keyboard (which I prefer) was gone. I went back into the settings and changed turned Swype back on, set it to default, and presto! problem solved! Thanks again for taking time to post, that was very helpful.

LZB103
Enthusiast - Level 1

nightgardener, your additional steps solved this for me. thank you for following up with this thread to share them!!

cubbielou82
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked for me at least for the initial run!  Also happened for the first time ever after recent update.  Thank you ANDMOO72!

Paulabr

This works for me, at least at first. Will have to see if the problem comes back. Thank you!

0 Likes
Paulabr

"I was able to resolve this issue with my note 5/most recent update by going to Settings, Language and Input, Virtual Keyboard, Samsung Keyboard, then scroll down to the bottom and choosing reset settings, then reset keyboard settings.  Now when I choose the emoji icon in a message I don't get that annoying message over and over.  So far so good, and I even have the samsung keyboard as the default at this time.  Hope it lasts! Hope this helps others! " Solution from previous poster.

This worked for me on my Galaxy S6 smartphone. The problem started this morning after the system update. Hoping the problem doesn't return.

0 Likes
KARGEN92

I had to uninstall Samsumg Pay. Then no problem.

0 Likes
WEBYSEA

Samsung Galazy S6

Settings

Language & Input

Virtual Keyboard

Samsung Keyboard

Reset Settings

Worked for me.

0 Likes
PHIKRA52
Enthusiast - Level 1

that worked.  if you are locked out then get back in by going to emergency mode.  keyboard worked there

VERCOM22

Thank you. My Note 5 had the problem with the emoji symbol of the Swype keyboard shutting down the Swype keyboard. I guess the Samsung keyboard has to function for the Swype keyboard to function. I was looking in the physical keyboard area, not the virtual area to reset. Like you said, it all seems ok so far. I need to get rid of the clicking and vibration with every entry as was previously changed. Let's hope Samsung finds this glitch by the next update. Seems like it would be easier to resolve that way unless they just get lucky.

0 Likes