Re: "Your Internet connection is unstable" on Note 3
AZSALUKI
Legend

cde311....i'm not buying what samsung told you. i have the same issues with my note3 (android 4.3) and recently my wife and son bothe got the 4.3 update on their gs3's and now they both have the wifi issue. other manufacturer's devices with android 4.3 do not have this issue so i have to believe that it has something to do with samsung. i'm also not sure what a samsung booth is going to do, but i suspect all they will do is a full reset of the phone for you, which you can do yourself. i could be wrong. please keep us posted on if they solve the problem.

cowboychincs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Me too!  As soon as I received the software update, I started getting the message "Your internet connection is unstable"... what a pain in the ass.... and nothing is wrong with my internet service in my home... as many of  you above can attest to as well.  I have a galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition that is NOT experiencing this issue... nor is my wife's iPhone.  I just wanted to sound off with the others here that someone has got to fix this issue....

Hopefully, a 'fix' will be found and the software updated, so that we can continue along our way... I have NOT noticed that I am actually losing my connection... just that it says it is unstable....

Common, VZW... the issue is between you and the software vendor... so get to it!

cowboychincs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope... not replying to myself... just adding 'other' issues.... Since the software upgrade, the phone has been shaky in a number of places... for instance, when I wake it up to do something, like make a call, etc., I usually just have to 'swipe' it to unlock it (yes, I know this is not very secure and change that method when out of my house)... and most of the time, it tries to slide the screen off to either the left or right... and then it tells me that the screen is locked... and has a little lock symbol at the bottom of the screen... I then MUST hit the little lock, and then try to swipe again... and it usually unlocks at that point...  also, another issue I ran into after the SW update, it changed my incoming telephone tone... I was standing in line at the grocery store with a number of people in front of  me and back of me... and it kept ringing... I said out loud, someones phone is ringing... they all looked at me and told me that it was mine... uugghh....  my phone WAS exactly like I wanted it until the new SW went on... am SURE that I will find other things not like they were before too... grumble grumble

0 Likes
sykadelic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have. I will however try a restart.

I also attempted a fix I found on another site which was to "clear cache" (turning phone off and pulling battery. Battery back in, holding power, volume up and home key at the same time to open the menu for the clear cache option).

It's starting to really really tick me off. I'm unable to stream Netflix effectively or games, or anything else because I don't have a constant enough signal Smiley Sad I really don't want to return the phone and have already sent in the rebates thingy.. so hopefully there's a fix asap... it's the only thing holding me back from total "in love" with my phone.

Message was edited by:  sykadelic

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

msapak
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issues since the android update. I cannot connect to either of my wireless networks.  I've tried forgetting and reconnecting to both networks, clearing the cache partition, disabling mobile data while on wifi, updating my router firmware, and changing the broadcast channels on my router.

This is a critical issue for me. I'm glad to hear that Verizon is aware of the issue, but if the problem continues, this will be a dealbreaker. My phone is critical for my business, and a reliable wifi connection is a must.  I'm hopeful for a speedy resolution, as any delay will force me to look at a different device and carrier.

tabadams
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having this same problem as of 1/20 and in checking my System update history, I see I received a software update on 1/20/2014 to SM-N900V_MJE .  I have owned this phone now for exactly six days. I have never had a problem with my three year old Thunderbolt losing wifi connection.  No other devices, tv, laptop, ipad, iphones have any problems with my wireless router or internet.  There needs to be a rollback or another update ASAP.   

tamole
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi. Joining this post after leaving Bluetooth bugs discussion. Took a replacement phone and several hard resets to resolve that problem - for now. It comes and goes. I've been seeing this one off and on ever since getting the original phone. Odd, because all my other WiFi devices, including the laptop I'm using now, work just fine. I've had Blackberry, Motorola, HTC and now the Samsung Note III. All had issues of one kind or another, but this phone is shaping up to be the worst. Sad, because it has so many great features. It's just the basic functions that don't work very well. If I can't count on WiFi and Bluetooth, the rest of it doesn't much matter.

Sigh

steve1811
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same thing. For me it happened on 12/14/13 at 7:18 AM when my software was updated from SM-900V_MJ7 to MJE

Steve

0 Likes
cmherron
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have been having issues with my wifi connections.  Connections at home and work - both of which have great signals - won't connect because the "network disabled because internet connection is slow".  This is interesting because when I check the connection speeds I am getting between 65 and 165 mbps.  I don't consider these especially slow.

Verizon - did you add some code that created a limit on connection speeds?  Or perhaps you changed something so that we wouldn't be able to connect as easily which would force us to use our data plans?  Regardless, we're not happy and we would appreciate it if you would fix the issue.

0 Likes
steve1811
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its a Samsung - Google bug in Android 4.3. It impacts Samsung S3, S4, Note 2 and Note 3 devices. For me it happened with the 12/14/2013 Verizon forced update to Android version 4.3 "MJE" Android software.On my Verizon phone the software is called SM-900V MJE.

I have written the President/CEO of Samsung, and the FCC, but no response yet.

When you check the web you will see that many people are having the same problem with those devices, on several carriers. My hope is that Samsung - Google either fix it soon or that someone out there reading all these blogs knows how to launch a class action suit.