Re: "Your Internet connection is unstable" on Note 3
BigMcGuire85
Enthusiast - Level 3

@cowboychincs Exactly..... My thought is, someone cheaped out on the WiFi radio hoping to make some xtra profit.... found out it barely worked, and let it get put out to public consumption. The fact that WiFi latency is high regardless of ANY router I use is incredibly frustrating. I have used more LTE data with this phone vs any phone I've had because of this WiFi problem. It's a win for Verizon for sure.... but it's so frustrating to do a backup to my Google Drive and have it time out half way through when I'm running an 80mbps down 35mbps up fios connection because the Note 3's WiFi radio is piss poor. Really?! This is an expensive phone. So upsetting. I'm 1 day away from my 14 days. Strongly considering returning this phone for something that actually WORKS. I love the phone... so I might just deal with it. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
NotRocketScience

Okay sorry, I did read about 7 of the pages and didn't see anyone mention

trying it at multiple access points. Thanks for heads up!

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 10:47 AM, cowboychincs

0 Likes
mfrizzell198

I don't know what is more agrevating...... The horrible quality of customer service when called, or the terribl responses from VZW on these forums. I have been a customer for more years than I can remember, and I am about to cancel my personal account as well as my business accounts. Not only is this costing me money in a business sense, but it is costing me out of pocket for data overages! I bet you want your near $400 you say I owe with the additional $45 in overage fees don't you! Nothing, and I mean NOTHING VZW has said would correct the issue has worked. And what does your tech support re offer me?????? TO UPGRADE MY DATA PACKAGE FOR AN EXTRA COST!!!! NO WAY! I expect a call from verizon support, a large credit on my account, or I cancel service. Plain and simple. Then you can take me to collections and waste a crap ton of money trying to get me to pay. I am over this. Verizon, I have never recieved such poor service from a company in my life.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to help get this data concern under control so we don't lose you, mfrizzell198. I have sent you a follow request here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me https://community.verizonwireless.com/people/jenniferh_vzw back so you can send me a private message https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1613 with your name so we can get started.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

BigMcGuire85
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK all, let's be realistic here. This problem most likely has to do with Samsung. The fact that I'm having laggy WiFi on ALL routers, not just one, seems to indicate to me that this is a hardware problem. Manufacturers are always trying to make profit by any means possible. Also we can't discount software issues as well. What's my point? My point is that Verizon is the middleman here. The reps here are pretty powerless. They have their default questions they need to ask people.

I worked a tech support job for 7+ years and got yelled at for stuff that wasn't my fault or in my power to change. The fact that we have reps on this forum offering their assistance is a huge + in my opinion. The sad thing is, few have the ability to really help us beyond the basic troubleshooting problems.

My only hope is that if there are enough of us reporting this problem that it'll trip something up in Verizon's tech support management to put in a formal "WTF?" request to Samsung to ask what is going on and come out with a software update fix or a possible device switch out if it's a hardware issue. Problem is, it usually takes a MASSIVE amount of people complaining causing $ loss for this to happen.

I've been living with my Note 3 (pass the 14 day return period) quite happily now. I would say WiFi isn't where it should be but I'm not being overly pained by it. Go to Settings --> WiFi --> (menu button --> Advanced) --- turn off WiFi notifications, turn off Auto Network Switch. The only place I can't even get WiFi to stream at all is my parent's house which I'm rarely at so I'm ok with that for now. My apt, my work, my college, - all work fine - albeit a little laggy especially when Bluetooth is on.

Just saying, don't take it out on these Verizon reps.

0 Likes
cowboychincs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Valid point BigMcGuire85... there have been very few of us who have taken it out on a VZW Tech UNLESS they have not read all of the thread... if the suggestion they are getting ready to "type" has already been tried and has failed for multiple of us... then it SHOULD NOT be given again.... I too have not only worked in call centers as the 'tech' but have also managed call centers... as well as have trained call center personnel.... it is the call center supervisor who needs to instill in their team a sense of doing a thorough analysis of the issue and then, if appropriate, provide a solution to try with the customer... if the tech sees that this is a gigantic issue that is impacting hundreds, if not thousands of customers, it needs to be escalated to a manager to 'run it down'... I believe our frustration in this case is that we see the same repetitive replies (that have not worked) given over and over again... that is just wrong....

Your most valid point is to create a 'case' with VZW and to keep it open until it has been resolved... the forum does not do any of us any good if we don't open a case.... I usually uses the forum to find out if someone has already tackled the issue with an open case and there has been a resolution... and then to find out what that remedy is so that I can apply it....  In this particular thread... there has not been any solution that has worked... I keep hoping there will be... thus I continually stroll through the thread to see.... but I really believe that we are at the mercy of Samsung and a new FW release... but again...  there have not been any announcements from VZW or Samsung... thus we all still suffer.... 

0 Likes
Kronos

Thought I would chime in. I've read through most of these posts and I just bought a Note 3 a week ago. Having same issue with "your internet connect is unstable". And yes, I've tried EVERYTHING listed in these threads...firmware updates for my router, unplugged and plugged back in, "forget" the connection and reconnect, turned off and on everything in advanced settings (not going to use my data plan with auto-switching...bad option), rebooted phone, checked for software updates and seems I have the "MJE" update that another user said caused problem with this. Please don't tell me to anything obvious. It's clear this is an issue with more than one person. What are the odds that we're all doing the same exact thing wrong? I think the fault is with the Verizon/Samsung/Note 3 combination and Verizon and Samsung need to get together to hash this out. I really don't want to return this phone, and I certainly don't want to be offered a refurbished one.

PLEASE COME OUT WITH NEW UPDATE SOON!!

0 Likes
georgia_rebel08

well thought I would get on here n talk bout my problems,  I bought my note 3 the day it came out n switched to Verizon from alltel were I had unlimited internet. the only reason I switched was because I ran over my motorola milestone which had service anywhere n the new phone I got didn't get very good service, little did I know it was better than Verizon. my 4g worked fine for 1 1/2 weeks then it quit so I started trying to use wifi, I had to upgrade my wifi service n I finally got it were it might work 20 minutes then quit for a wile(internet connection is too slow) and its still like that. when I called Verizon about my mobile internet not having worked for 2 weeks, just as soon as they asked me my mobile # and typed it in, the internet started working and just as soon as I hung up the phone it quit again, which means they could make it work if they wanted. I never have cell service to text or call. it will say 3 bars but if u press the call button it will say no mobile service. the rest of my family has Motorola phones on Verizon and everything works great. ive done tried everything n went round n round with Verizon. I hope they all get sued bc all their doing is robbing us and im done paying them every month for nothing,  they mite make me pay another 350 to cancel this (removed) contract but im tellin em now I wont ever get another fone with them.

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE.

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
evilgrinx

Is everyone using the Actiontech mi1424wr router?

Just to be sure, I tested my wifi with my ipad, and I have the same disconnection issues. At least for me, its not just a Verizon Samsung issue.

Can someone suggest a good alternative router to try?

0 Likes
sunstarbo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can tell you this problem  is a problem on the Verizon side. I have taken my note to the samsung store and talked with Verizon in store. This is not a problem with your personal router like they keep telling you. This is note a problem fixed by taking out your battery. My brother in law works for Verizon and he has even told me the problem is on their end, they are not going to admit it to the public tho, because deniability is better then having to issue thousands of customers credits on their accounts. I have co workers with note 3's, the only ones of us with this issue are on Verizon. Those on sprint and AT&T do not have this issue. I even went so far to test the issue, I ordered a SIM card from AT&T and put it in my verizon note and guess what, other then my phone telling me I have a non verizon sim installed, I have actually been having better internet service (faster) and have NOT been told by my phone that my wifi is unstable. I used my phone this way for over a week now and have officially ported my. Umber to AT&T. I'm by no means telling or suggesting that y'all do this, I'm just showing that the issue is with verizon. And yes, before it is said, your Note 3 will work on other networks with their sims installed, the verizon note is an unlocked phone, you have the options of using global, gsm/umts, or lte/cdma. I switched my phone to gsm/umts and started getting my mobile data and mms without a hitch. So I guess in short I'm saying verizon is refusing to acknowledge this issue externally, but internally they know it's their issue. I hope you all the best, but I think if more and more people start changing providers, verizon will fix the problem faster. They are making more money off you without fixing it since they get to collect overages. Oh and if you do switch and you get that call about early cancellation fees, just point out that you only left due to poor performance and their lack of support to fix "this issue" with your note 3 and amazingly enough they apologize and say they will zero out your balance.