Re: "Your Internet connection is unstable" on Note 3
MRWALLABIE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I remember reading some where that the current firmware is buggy causing the Wi-Fi to become unstable. I have played with several access points with meraki and asus being the most stable for the note 3. I still get the occasional disconnect but it reconnects after a 30 seconds. Hoping 4.4 kit kat updates fixes the issue.

0 Likes
Spizro
Enthusiast - Level 1

Alright, I don't know if anyone is following this still but here goes. I have not had this problem, until about 7 days ago. I did update my phone to the latest software as soon as it came avaliable(January I think). I have noticed a direct link (at least in my case) with blue tooth being on vs off. I have read a majority of posts on here (no not all, there is a crap ton) I do know this was stated by someone else but at least give it a quick try. I run my blue tooth 24/7 because I have my fitbit connected to it. If I turn off wifi, then turn off blue tooth, then turn wifi back on it works. (Like I said in my case, this may not work for you) If I switch on my blue tooth again while on wifi, my download speed drops. Like 20mbs to 5mbs. Or if I disconnect wifi turn on blue tooth then connect wifi it starts giving me the error again. This is absolutely unacceptable I agree I don't like having to put tinfoil on my head, while drinking water, and simultaneously doing the YMCA just to use my wifi. (Yeah I realize is an over exaggeration, but those of you that are having this problem understand what I mean. How many trouble shooting steps are they gonna make everyone do before they fix it? ) Hopefully these steps work for you! If they don't I'm sorry I just wanted to post my semi success with it. If it makes any difference I have a degree in networking and I maintain my own home network. I'm currently running both a belkin and d-link on unused radio bands (4 and 11). I have the problem with both. And before you say it is my network Verizon, no there is absolutely not a thing wrong with my home network. I have noticed that directly under the camera jumps considerably in temperature when trying to use wifi since the latest update. And Verizon, I don't care if it was your mistake or Samsungs. Just own up that it was one of you and fix it. Sending out a refurbished phone with the same build number fixes nothing. It just waste money which in time cause us the customers more money... Good luck fellow noters!

0 Likes
EvoBiker

Maybe we need more power to the flux capacitor....Just need to figure out how to get 1.21 gigiwatts to our phones now.  I have the same issue, and its a constant thing.  My wifes Ipad and Iphone doesn't have these issues at all, nor does our laptop or my son's phone or his wifes phone when they're here.  Im just gonna try to be patient and hope a software update helps this, but thats another sore subject entirely......

0 Likes
BigMcGuire85
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, I'm not sure what is going on. I do know that OS updates are becoming more of a "hit" thing and the carriers aren't doing Google any favors by taking FOREVER to rape the OS before releasing it to consumers. Verizon is the worst offender... It takes them forever to get an OS update out. I know on many Android forums people are talking of leaving Verizon to for other carriers that update the Android OS faster. That said Android 4.4 seems to be pretty buggy. I know when I got it on my Nexus 7 tablet, the battery life was 1/3rd as long as 4.3. 4.4.2 fixed that but my Moto X didn't get 4.4.2 as long as I had it, so I got the Note 3.

Everyone complaining about the Note 3s seem to have started with the latest MJE update. I know my WiFi was working just fine before the MJE firmware update. After? I spent 3 hours trying to download ONE app on WiFi and couldn't the first night I got my Note 3 - and had to use LTE. Since then, trying a bajillion things - WiFi is acceptable but 1/4th as good as LTE.

But the fact that 4.4.2 has come out to AT&T... many many Verizon Note 3 users are feeling unloved by Verizon even though we pay the most out of all the carriers. Sure we get great network but MOST people use their phone as a browser, text based communication device, apps - meaning 90%+ of what we do involves WiFi. So when WiFi doesn't work, a BIG part of how we use the phone is affected. I know I barely use my phone for calling or texting (1%) - 99% of what I do is WiFi involved (Hangouts, Google+, Netflix (Chromecast to TV), WhatsApp, sending pictures, etc...).

So, if I can have the latest OS updates.... which allow me to use my phone how I use it most of the time... AND pay less per month for maybe a little bit less reliable cellular reception (something I never use anyway) ..... why wouldn't I leave for another carrier? <--- This is what is going through the minds of more than just a few Note 3 Verizon users.

Why does Verizon take so long to rape the OS before releasing it? Must force adware on phones WE pay for? (those of us on Edge plan anyway). Frustrating. Why do you think so many users root? lol. Rooted Note 3s on average last 1.5x longer on a charge - I've seen 3x in some cases. No one likes forced adware. Sure, makes Verizon a lot of money, but if the phones were free, then I'd see that as justified.

0 Likes
Shawn732
Enthusiast - Level 1

Really think they have phone set this way so we have have to pay for data

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdf1

Verizon will not acknowledge an issue with the phone(s) because then they would have to replace them or refund money. There is an obvious issue and we are getting zero support. Thank you Verizon for nothing.

0 Likes
trinitytg

The note 3 is a flagship device and this is unacceptable.

On Apr 3, 2014 6:39 PM, "asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf" <

0 Likes
r0ckinr0bin

I will start by saying I have not read all the posts, so I apologize if I am repeating someone else's.  I have this same issue with ALL of my Samsung devices that are connected to my Motorola cable modem. The Samsung devices fall off wifi or super slow down. However the laptop's, Roku, & Wii continue with high speed and never have an issue. My simple solution after having read several reviews is to unplug the the Motorola cable modem and plug it back in. Works every time. This issue began for us about 2 months ago. I hope Samsung and Motorola will become friends again Smiley Happy I also do your trick of turning off the mobile data option when I want to be on wifi only.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shawn732, We don't want you to pay for data overages. Are you getting this error when connected to wifi?

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
wizzzer

I get the message and it slows down so it becomes unusable and I must turn off wifi and switch back to 4G.

--- Original Message ---

0 Likes