Re: "Your Internet connection is unstable" on Note 3
sldougla

I just purchased my note 3 48 hours ago. I was having the same issue and it was very frustrating. I was on the brink of returning the phone and going back to an iPhone. However in a last ditch effort I did a "wipe partition cache" and that seems to have fixed the problem. I have been online 30+ minutes with no issues. Keeping my fingers crossed that this works or I will be jumping ship and heading back to an iPhone.

0 Likes
bigdave240
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was getting the notices about unstable wifi as well. Not sure what fixed it but i have wifi on in sleep mode and the one I THINK fixed it was to do a Restart from a long hold on the power button. I haven't seen the notice in a few days now

0 Likes
mlegs007

I may have found the answer to the unstable wifi since the 4.3 update. I'm running a S3......I never had the "Cloud" from Verizon until the latest update. After reading all of the problems everyone was having I figured I'd give it a try. I went to the applications mgr. turned off the CLOUD and wala ?  Unstable wifi is gone !  Yes It told me I would loose all of my data in the cloud etc etc etc...I also forced stopped it.

Now if this will take care of the note 3 and S4's I 'm not sure, but it stopped my S3 issue

I don't reboot very much, and as long as the unstable wifi is gone I won't......

Samsung also has a cloud program in there samsung link......dropbox......maybe there's a conflict ?

Anyway give it a shot it may solve a lot of everyone's problems until a fix is issued.

0 Likes
BigMcGuire85
Enthusiast - Level 3

Having WiFi problems on my Note 3 as well. At my house I don't have problems but at my parent's house, both of their WiFi routers at each end of the house cause problems. I've noticed since I got the Note 3 that WiFi seems to be very slow to get started - sometimes causing the phone to think there is no internet. The first night I got the Note 3, I spent 2 hours trying to install ONE program via WiFi while my wife with her iPhone 5s got all 100+ of her apps installed and going. Pretty embarrassing... I guess if I wanted a more reliable device I should have gone Apple... but I really like Android. Oh well.

Here is to hoping that 4.4.2 (whenever Verizon decides to give it to us) fixes the WiFi problems, eh? Smiley Happy

0 Likes
markappexe
Enthusiast - Level 1

""I believe I have found a fix.  Go to application manager, scroll over to all, select wifi direct and wifi direct share.  Click turn off and force stop.  I rebooted just to be safe.   I have not had any drops since.""

I just wanted to add that I also have have a Note 3 updated to the latest version and following these steps fixed the problem completely for me. Of course, this will turn off Wifi Direct Share,but if you don't use it often,it is a small price to pay

Thanksjkingsmore for the help. Finally have a usable note 3 now

0 Likes
evilgrinx

None of these fixes have worked for me long term.

Also I have wifi problems with both a Note 3 and a Note 10.1 2014 edition.

0 Likes
cowboychincs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yup... we all are still having the same old set of issues... and it has been 2 months now and not a peep from VZW....

Hello Verizon, does anybody hear us now?

0 Likes
mlegs007

Well my unstable came back after three days of having the cloud turned off, so I rebooted this morning and haven't had the problem.....yet !  Lets all hope kitkat repairs the problem. I've used wifi direct then turned it off and nothing is checked in the advanced wifi settings. We all know where the problem lies.....

0 Likes
NotRocketScience

For what it's worth, I see this message on my Samsung Galaxy S3 and it started immediately when I got a new Actiontec router sent to me from Verizon FIOS. My previous router had a physical connection problem, so I got this new router, which is probably a refurbished one. I never once got this message on my phone until the day I switched routers, which leads me to believe this is not a phone issue but a router issue. Additionally, my wife has an iPhone 4 and the same thing happened to her. The day I switched routers to this Actiontec (Model: MI424WR) she can no longer maintain a wireless connection and is racking up mega data usage as a result. Her phone has no issues when connected at a college access point.

An easy way to tell if it's your phone or your router is to take your mobile device to someone else's house or a public hotspot and see if you still get the message when it's going through a different wireless access point.

0 Likes
cowboychincs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dear NotRocketScience... you really need to read all of the posts on this thread (and there are multiple threads).... this only happened to a select number of phones (e.g., GS3, Note 3, etc.) when the new Android release came out in Dec/Jan.  We all have this issue and we all have the issue on various wireless routers, at home, work, friends houses, etc.    There have been "NO" reported issues with any of the iPhones... it is Android related and both Samsung and Verizon know about it, but are keeping whatever they plan to do to fix the issue from us at this time...  Thanks for trying... but in this case, it is not rocket science... (sorry... just had to do it)