Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
"to provide faster charge, use original cable" MESSAGE WITH 3.0 USB
ginaburns23

TAKES SEVERAL HOURS TO GET A CHARGE! HELP! i know im not the only person whos having this issue, I'm an indirect agent selling verizon along with others and i have had reps AND members having this issue! anyone know whats causing it!? As this message became more and more frequent, my battery life started spiraling downward BIG TIME, the phone is starting to get very slow, randomly shut off once in a blue moon, and now the 3.0 does not charge it at all. The normal micro-USB does charge it, but I got the note 3 with full intentions of being able to speed up the charging process!

I'm still within in the year so I already have a replacement coming to me, but I would love to give my members and reps an answer on this issue and tell them whether or not they should replace it while they can or what!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "to provide faster charge, use original cable" MESSAGE WITH 3.0 USB
SamsungLover

I been have the same problem but mines just started acting like that yesterday!!

0 Likes
BigMcGuire85

Might want to look into rooting your phone. Removing crappy Verizon bloatware and getting the latest and most stable OS can do wonders for the Note 3.

The original USB 3.0 cable that came with my phone kept disconnecting/reconnecting when both ends were firmly plugged in. The cable is a POS. I'm using my old Android cables without a problem. I have a few RavPower 2.1A bricks that charge the Note 3 pretty quickly. My wife's iPad charger also does really well. My wife's HP 3A chromebook charger charges it the fastest. Smiley Happy

With Android there is ALWAYS a way to figure out what is slowing down the phone or causing battery drain. It's usually a 3rd party app preventing the phone from sleeping. Apps like Greenify can help prevent apps from going wild and draining your phone. I recommend rebooting your phone every now and then too, helps reset things.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

SamsungLover,

I am so sorry to hear of the issues you are having with the charge and battery life on your Note 3. Have you checked to see what applications are running in the background? Setttings>Application Manager> Running, Tap on running 3rd party applications and tap "Stop". Let us know if this helps.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lyred

After waiting at Verizon store for almost an hour.  I was told this was a known issue and that I had to contact Samsung for a replacement charger and cord.

I was told by the person who helped me that they did not keep them in Stock or could they replace my less then one month old cord or help me. Even tho I pay for full coverage extra insurance.

I went home and after talking with 3 Samsung associates, I was told I have to send the cord and charger back before I could receive a new one.  They emailed me the pre paid mailer for UPS.  I THEN HAD TO WAIT 2 WEEKS MORE TO GET REPLACEMENT. 

I have been with Verizon for 15 years and an contemplating leaving at the end of contract, if not sooner.  Their customer service continued to get worse and cost continued to rise.

0 Likes