repeating emails
tangofoxtrot5

I keep getting emails in my verizon inbox that are several days old that I had deleted sometimes more than once.Any idea how to stop it?

0 Likes
Re: repeating emails
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi tangofoxtrot5,

Let's look into this! Are you having issues with a verizon.net email account? If not, please advise. Additionally when did the problem begin? Have you tried to remove and re-add the email account?

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tangofoxtrot5

I am using a Verizon email account. The repeating emails started about 10 days ago right after I got a new phone the Galaxy Note 3. I did not have this problem with the razor phone. I did remove the email account and reinstalled it.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying tangofoxtrot5!

Let's try changing the "Incoming settings" to "Delete email from server" "When I delete from Inbox" http://vz.to/1huoHgT.  Retest and let me know how this works out for you.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
tangofoxtrot5

I have done that already.

0 Likes
tangofoxtrot5

I have done that already. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi tangofoxtrot5!
I want you to get your emails in a quick fashion, and the ones you delete....well, they should remain deleted. Your device has settings that allow you to review deleted items in case they were deleted on accident. However, with the Android email app, under the Incoming Settings, you can choose to delete email from server "When I delete from Inbox." Please check this setting and keep us posted!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
abjvs

I have been getting the very same problem since day one with the Note 3.  where is this Androin email app setting, it doesn't show up when I go to settings on the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi abjvs,

Let's see what's causing the problem! Which specific email account are you having trouble with? Please clarify, are you receiving duplicate email as well? Have you attempted to remove and re-add your email account? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
abjvs

Let me start by saying that the problem has stopped all by itself suddenly.   There were no duplicate email's. Erased and deleted email's would just return after a day or up to two weeks later. 

0 Likes