restart loop
phlebvam1
  1. I downloaded and installed the Marshmallow update 6.0.1 and it does seem to work more cleanly and faster. The two biggest issues I have are the battery draining too fast and the biggest thing is, when my battery gets to be 20% or less, the phone crashes, goes to the Galaxy note 4 splash screen, crashes and repeats until the battery is dead. What is going on?
0 Likes
Re: restart loop
phlebvam1

I have to take the battery out and plug in the phone, place the battery back in for it to stop. The screen gets hot while on this loop.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get to the bottom of this phlebvam1. Updates are meant improve the function of your phone, not cause you headaches.

Did this start right after the software update? Have you tried running the update again using the Software Upgrade Assistant tool http://vz.to/1qufF5D ?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

phlebvam1, overheating sounds dangerous. It's important to us that you have a properly working phone. Have you downloaded applications to your phone? Does it have any physical or liquid damage?

For more information regarding the Marshmallow update, click http://vz.to/246aiQd

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

try replacing your battery. a bad battery is the most likely cause of this issue.

0 Likes
6speed8
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issues and I believe he's right..  Read my thread..

Laggy and random rebooting since Marshmallow

0 Likes
phlebvam1

The battery is fine. I have not had troubles with the battery. is does drain a little faster now that I have a Galaxy s2 watch and use Bluetooth for my vehicle, but nothing else has changed. I just won't let it get to 20% or less. I did let it get there one other time and the same thing happened, it shut down, rebooted, got to the Galaxy S4 splash screen, shut down and rebooted again. I couldn't get it to stop without pulling the battery and cutting power to the phone. I put the battery back in, plugged the phone in to charge and I have had no problems with the phone.

0 Likes
phlebvam1

My phone has only started this reboot loop at 20% or less after I downloaded the marshmallow update. I? have not ever had an issue with my phone whatsoever since I bought it.

0 Likes
The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

Sounds like you are in denial. I'm not having any serious problems with

marshmallow on my Galaxy Note 4. A system update can overtax an old

battery. A new battery can run on little as $4.99 like the one I got on

eBay (a legitimate Samsung oem battery). That will eliminate the 'boot loop

at 20%' problem (I used to get this on lollipop until I replaced the

battery).

0 Likes
phlebvam1

Denial!!, I'm not in denial!! I never had a battery problem before. I purposely let it drain to 25% or less to get the most battery life out of my battery. That is what is recommended you should do.

0 Likes