Re: restart loop
The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

These lithium batteries just get bad over time and usage (especially heavy

usage like a system update can really overtax an old battery). The symptom

is exactly that it works fine until 20%..then 30%..then 40%. Etc.

0 Likes
The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

Similar thing used to happen to my wife's old iPhone. Thank goodness for

easily replaceable batteries in the Galaxy Note 4!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your phone and battery to be in good health, phlebvam1. It's a good practice to allow your battery to drain before charging it. Does your phone powercycle while in Safe Mode? http://spr.ly/6583BIsud

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
phlebvam1

I have always let it drain before charging. Besides, it drains faster now that I have a Galaxy S2 and a fitbit working off the phone. I have also never placed my phone in safe mode before nor have I ever needed a reason too. The other night my battery discharged to 18% and for the first time, it did not recycle. I have decided to by a new battery in the next few months before I give it to my stepson when I upgrade.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Generally speaking when an update does not improve the device as intended, the troubleshooting leads towards a factory data reset. This of course is done after making sure that all is backed up. Should this continue, even after a new battery, phlebvam1, we’d like to know if you use any back up tools such as Verizon Cloud? If not, here’s how to get that started: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-cloud/

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes