s4 and note got 4.4?
Kev48us
Contributor - Level 1

so why haven't we got it if u look at the boards for the s4 and note 3 they got in a day or 2 ago so why haven't we got it I checked and still a no go so does any one want to check and see if they got it on there note 2 and if not when will we get it?

0 Likes
Re: s4 and note got 4.4?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung. Hasn't. Released. It. Yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kev48us
Contributor - Level 1

if that was true then why does the s4 s5 and note 3 have it?

its bean realsed we just have got the ota update for the n2 yet

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The update is released per phone model. The S5 came with pre-installed. The Galaxy S4 received it a few months ago. The Note 3 is now receiving it. The update hasn't been released on the Note 2, the Galaxy S3 or the Galaxy S4 Mini even though those models are scheduled to receive it eventually. The Galaxy S3 Mini won't be getting the KitKit update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kev48us
Contributor - Level 1

I know it realsed per device beaing they are all different but the note 2 and 3 and bacily the same thing just some belter hard where

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Those differences in hardware can and does make updating the phones different from updates to newer models. Each model has to be separately coded and tested for the update. The manufacturers work on the newer models first. If they determined it isn't cost prohibited to update the older models then they will. However the older models always have to wait until the newer models have received their update.

So sit down and be patient and enjoy how the software currently works on your device. Whenever the update is delivered to your phone, you will either find it improves the functionality or come back to the forum and complain that the update "broke" the phone. Others will have one experience and some will have the other way. Be careful what you want.

0 Likes
Kev48us
Contributor - Level 1

well it shouldn't take that long is what im say and I don't usaly complain unless its something big and I more or less want it for the tap and pay feature in google wallet and the camera on the lock screan other than that I am just wating till I get my note 4 when it comes out

0 Likes