samsung note 4 poor cell signal reception
prvzw
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am using the note 4 for about 6 months now. The poor signal is becoming in tolerable at home, it will go through the cycle of 4G 2 bar, 1 bar, 3G, 1X, no signal. We also own samsung S5 and iphone 6 and both have very stable 4G (2-3 bars) signal right next to the note4!

To be exact, when my note 4 has a signal strength of 118 dbm, the other phones have 110 dbm or better, even with the SAME cell station (based on app "network info").

I called the Verizon technical support. They were very nice and sent me a new sim card. But that did not solve the problem.

I then reset the phone, and reverted it back to kitkat 4.4, and that did not help. So it was not lollipop upgrade.

I am now back to lollipop via OTA and the signal is as weak as before.

I don't think I have a bad phone because it is superb at work where I have full xLTE signal (4-5 bars).

In conclusion, note 4 either has a weaker antenna or it needs a software fix.

0 Likes
Re: samsung note 4 poor cell signal reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

prvzw,

I am so sorry to hear of the signal issues with the Note 4. I truly appreciate all your have done thus far in regards to troubleshooting this issue. When going into the Settings what is your Network Mode set as? Also, there have been some that have reported using Download booster has affected their service. If you go to Settings>More networks is Download booster on? If so, when you turn off Download booster do you still have the same issues?

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
prvzw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your response. I have tried both "global" and "LTE/CDMA". The latter is a little better but not much.

I have download booster off the whole time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

prvzw,

Thank you for this information. I have sent you a private message as I would like to gain some addtional information from you so I can raise this concern up. Please respond to the private message that was sent.

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mobfit

Please let me know if you get a resolution. I am experiencing the same issues. People around me are getting great bars of connectivity while my $700 Note 4 is abysmal. With case/without case, new Verizon Sim, reset phone 3 times I have tried everything. Safe mode you name it. I do believe this is a Verizon Issue/Software fix. Someone, whether Samsung or Verizon, must first admit there is an issue before they can start to fix the issue.Smiley Sad  love the note 4 other than the Phone call aspects of it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help you as well. It looks like you have done quite a bit of troubleshooting already. Do you expereince a change in the signal when  you use Advanced Calling 1.0?

Have  you tried to make calls when you're in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1wW8QNh?

TamaraH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mobfit

I have tried safe mode and it doesn't do anything different. I do not use Advanced Calling 1.0...should I be using it?

0 Likes
prvzw
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have advanced calling on. We also have it on the samsung S5 and iPhone 6.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all the troubleshooting you have done so far mobfit! I have sent you a private message so we can further review your issue.

AmberF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MzDelicacy

I to am having signal issues since the Lollipop upgrade. I spoke to a tech which had me place the phone in airplane mode and power off. Next we took the battery out and remove the SIM card. The next day I took it to the Verizon store and the replace the SIM card which still didn't improve the signal strength. The last thing we tried was factory reset, I am still having problems to this day. I switched to Verizon in Nov because of their great coverage but since this update I am truly disappointed. I was completely happy prior to the update. I was offered a refurbished phone but decline because it has been my experience that they most times have more issues than the original device.

0 Likes