My phone was on and I was not using it. It had been working. I picked it up to use it and this was on the screen:
"Samsung Galaxy Note II"
I tried pushing the on off button and holding it down. Nothing happened.
I tried the instructions for a hard reset. (Pushing the 3 buttons) Nothing happened.
I tried taking the battery out, putting it back in after 5 or more minutes-still the same screen. I tried a different battery. Still the same screen.
I found a similar topic in this forum but no answer was given.
There has been no water or physical damage.