Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
separate email accounts
powchutu

How do you separate 2 or more email accounts from using just one email icon/app?

I use yahoo as daily use, then outlook, gmail and one for where i work.

I manage to complete gmail on it's own.

So I have an icon or app that has white envelope with red marking "@" on it for yahoo, outlook and holding off for the one for work which I don't want to combine it to yahoo and outlook (actually don't want these three combined).

I browsed online and tried all kinds of ways to set up each icon for each no luck.

I had iphone before, no problem but android, I'm

Help here?!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: separate email accounts
stef7

One way, and I'm sure its not necessarily the only or the best, but simplest i can think of, would be to use a separate email program for each account, and set the icon you want for each if they are not already visually different enough.

For example use the gmail program for gmail. Use the other email program  that comes stock with Android for Yahoo. Download a third, my favorite is K9Mail, for corporate or other account.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

A variation of this, based on what the OP is using, is to download the Yahoo Mail app from the Play Store and use it for their Yahoo e-mail and likewise download the Outlook app from the Play Store and use it for their Outlook e-mail.  Then use the gmail app for gmail and the stock e-mail app for their work e-mail.

stef7

Right. Wouldn't it be nice if Android Icons could have associated with them parameters that could be passed to the application so that then the application could interrogate and take appropriate action? I'm not sure that's accomodated anywhere in the design.

0 Likes