updating to latest software restarts my phone randomly. i already went to verizon and they sent me a new phone. but now its doing the same thing! this is so frustrating
kccojonny

i had my phone for about a year, after the year it started randomly restarting, i thought it was the battery so i bought a new one but that didnt help. i finally had time to take it to verizon and because the problem didnt show they couldnt send it back, while asking a billing question it did it. the rep saw what it did and ordered a new one. now this new one was fine for a few days and then it started doing the same! it frustrating while im in the middle of typing a text! can someone help?

0 Likes
Re: updating to latest software restarts my phone randomly. i already went to verizon and they sent me a new phone. but now its doing the same thing! this is so frustrating
Miller6386
Contributor - Level 1

How many apps have you added back to the device? Can you delete them one by one waiting for the issue to happen again between deleting? We should rule out all apps and synced content before saying you have another defective device....

0 Likes
Re: updating to latest software restarts my phone randomly. i already went to verizon and they sent me a new phone. but now its doing the same thing! this is so frustrating
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kccojonny, this is going to boil down to either hardware or software. With the phone having been replaced, we are going to echo the above recommendation. Another step to determine if it’s the software is to boot the phone into safemode: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-122810/ Do the restarts occur in safemode?

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kccojonny

I have tried a hard reset and just basic apps like face book and Instagram

a couple of games and it still did it, and I haven't tried safe mode,

thank you I will be trying that

On Jan 28, 2016 9:06 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try safe mode. Try without that resource hog of an application known as Facebook.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes