Re: upgraded from a s4 to the note 4 not impressed with reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jimweda,

I appreciate that info! I see that the area has 4G coverage and no alerts for the area. Do you have issues with the reception indoors or out doors? When you leave the area of your home, do you get the same behavior?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
colfrmb2
Contributor - Level 1

Okay, I have been sifting through the forums and there is a definite pattern with the note 3 and 4 and signal/reception/dropped calls.  It doesn't have to do with being inside buildings.  It doesn't have to do with area alerts, outages, or 4G vs 3G.  So, what is Verizon doing with this information?  I never see a response after this last couple of inquires from a VZW employee?

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon engineering, and the executive office, acknowledged that there is a known software issue on the Note 4.  

It would be nice if all representatives of Verizon could get on the same page with what they're telling customers affected by the flagship model Note 4 not working on the VZW network reliably in rural communities.

But hey, they will sell you a network extender for $250 to get your top of the line phone to make phone calls... which seems to be something the masses of texting adolescents don't care about anymore.

Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

Well I upgrade about 2 months ago to the note 4 from the droid maxx and I have not seen any problems with connecting and get the same service all other verizon customers get in my home. I do hope one day Verizon will be using wifi calling though cause every phone in my house you need to be near a window in order to make sure there is no disconnection. But that is like that for all Verizon customers and some cell companies do no even pick up here lol. But I do have wifi and if I had calling over wifi I would be set.

0 Likes