Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
verizon blew it with the galaxy note 10 plus 5g
kayleeates
Novice

verizon released a 5g device again that only connects to a very limited part  of their 5g network. Premium price but only is supported in a few cities. They knew what their future plans were for 5g yet in a money grab released a device they knew would not be supported. Shame on verizon. Keep up this practice and continue to lose customers. Eventually you will have the third most customers behind T-Mobile and AT&T. 

Re: verizon blew it with the galaxy note 10 plus 5g
DMathews1
Novice

I have the same concern/problem as you.  I have a Galaxy S20+ that can't connect to 5G because it is nowhere near where I'm located.  And it's not like I'm in the boonies:  I'm 30 mins from the headquarters of Google, Facebook & Apple.   

And I agree, it is somewhat dishonest for Verizon to advertise their 5G service when it's only in limited locations.  It probably won't be in widespread use for another year or two.  - - That being said, I do not believe Verizon makes any money at all on phone sales.... of course, all the phone manufacturers do! - - Unless one lives in a "known 5G location", it would be best to wait until 5G is available "before buying" a 5G phone.