when will NEWER note 7 be avail to swap to existing customers?
SKYCRIES57
Enthusiast - Level 2

when will NEWER note 7 be avail to swap to existing customers?  I got my phone mailed to me from verizon, will i have the option to have one mailed to me or swap out in verizon store?  will there be compensation to existing customers who just want to swap out for a newer note 7?

Re: when will NEWER note 7 be avail to swap to existing customers?
Doing_work_son
Contributor - Level 1

Great question Skycries57, I'm curious how this will work too. I also pre ordered 2 Note 7's and had them shipped to me.

It'd be great if a Verizon higher up could tell us what our specific situation entails. Do we need to contact Verizon and send the phone back to them? Are they going to ship us the new Note 7's prior to us sending in these current Note 7's? Or, if it's more convenient for us, can we go to our nearest Verizon corporate store and get an exchange for a new Note 7? If so, do we have to do the foot work and keep going into the store and see if new stock is in? Or might they be notifying us via text or email once new stock is in?

Sure wish we could get some clarification and concise steps for each situation for those who have a Note7 and want to exchange it for a new Note7 (those who bought it in store vs those who ordered it online and how each goes about receiving a new Note7 or if it doesn't matter and we all just go about it the same way).

Hopefully it's not a big ordeal trying to get a newer safer Note 7, the process should be made as simple and painless as possible for us so we don't spend the next few weeks trying to figure out when, where, how and who we need to speak to, in order to receive a new Note7, one without known battery issues.

I've yet to have much free time since the recall, from work or kiddos to be able to get on the phone and ask these questions, without being bothered. I'd like to be able to provide my full attention to whomever I talk with over the phone so I understand what the proper protocol is to make this exchange as time efficient and easy as possible. So it would be a great time saver if someone from Verizon sees this and would kindly try and answer these questions for those of us who have the Note7 and simply want a new Note7 exchange. Thank you for any insight in advance.

_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

I sure hope that Verizon will be shipping me a replacement phone, just like they did originally.  That is the only way we can cable the old & new phones together for a smooth migration at a time convenient to us using Samsung's Smart Switch app, which does a great job.  I would not want to be forced to go to a Verizon store to make a swap, and either not have the opportunity for cableing phones together or be forced to do the cable migration in the store, which can take a while & would be very distracting & rushed - not good.

CATMAT75
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spoke to Verizon customer service yesterday with same question. Verizon was kind enough to put me on hold while they called Samsung. Samsung told her that we would be able to take the Note 7's to the nearest Verizon and swap it out for a new Note 7 and get a $25 gift card to be used in the store.

JFTJr
Enthusiast - Level 1

That sounds reasonable, but the question of when still exists. I understand Verizon, or even Samsung, may not know when new N7s will be available.  Given that, the Sept. 30 deadline should be changed to 30 days after new ones become available.  It would also be nice to be able to get something else to use in the meantime.  I don't have an extra phone laying around to use, traded in the N5 to get the N7.  Just using the suspect N7 until exchange is available.

TGFF
Enthusiast - Level 1

Considering all of the issues with different answers from Verizon agents. I would be curious if Samsung would have a list of affected phone "lots" so when we get the new ones we can be sure it wont explode. I am positive they have this list for quality purposes. However getting publicized is the issue.

I think that would be the only way I would trust my new phone from any retail store.

Mare3199
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spoke to my local Verizon store a little while ago and was told that when they get the new note7's , I could come in and exchange.

My concern is with current note7 owners being first to have the new ones., I asked if they were making some kind of list that I needed to get on so that their recalls would be serviced first and the answer was no. I think local stores should have such a list and Verizon should text or email us when the note7's are available. They're really dropping the ball on this recall.

TDUB5683
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to a Verizon store today to see what I had to do as far as exchanging my Note 7 for the newer one when it came available. The associates there didn't seem very knowledgeable about what was going on with the recall. I finally ended up speaking with the manager who gave me the answer "You have 30 days from original purchase date of phone to return it, after that you're stuck with phone". Which confused me since I thought I had till September 30th. I asked about how I would know when the store received the updated version, and he pretty much had no answer for me. I called customer service, and their response was "You have till September 30th to exchange phone for either a different device, or same model if available."  After the 30th I would be stuck with phone. Recall or not. I was then told to exchange it before the 30th if there is no Note 7's available by that time, that way it'd give me an extra 14 days to return it. Or I could just buy insurance for the old Note 7 and hope for the best. I think Verizon really dropped the ball on this, and how they are handling this recall is horrible. Very disappointed.

SKYCRIES57
Enthusiast - Level 2

Soo, got new update email saying swap bad note 7 asap w samsung j phone while we wait for newer note 7, ooorr return bad note 7 and get s7/s7 edge and get refunded dif and 25$ in store gift card.

All good but will i still be paying 42$ mo for  note I don't have or pay 25$ mo for cheap samsung J phone? Will newer note 7s be avail within month?  **BIG SIGH**  airlines also now saying NO Note 7 will be allowed to be turned on while in flight!!??  5 hr BORING flight to the east coast, great..

0 Likes
bgblktruck
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, according to the attached article, it appears Samsung will have a list of affected phones. New, non-affected, phones will have a black square on the label, and an extra sticker with a blue "S" in a white circle to be able to tell that it's new stock. More info at http://www.androidauthority.com/heres-will-able-tell-whether-note-7-safe-not-715529/