when will note 2 update to 4.3
lewie

0 Likes
Re: when will note 2 update to 4.3
Incognitjo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck getting an answer to this. I'm starting to dislike Verizon for it's lack of allowance. Most other carriers have posted the update, most other carriers have unlocked bootloaders for this device. Verizon is a control freak. The other thing that ***** is that you could gett he update via KIES but KIES does not support the Note II.

>> Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Incognitjo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Additional Information regarding KIES software via Samsung Support Chat:

>> Chat transcript removed to comply with the <<

choochooman
Enthusiast - Level 1

it seems to me that if they are able to monitor theses posts and censer what is said they can also post the information that is requested

>> MODERATOR NOTE: The moderation team and the representatives are two distinct groups with different responsibilities regarding the Community.  The moderators simply ensure that posts are in compliance with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service and edit or remove those posts, or portions of posts, that are in violation.  This is primarily a peer-to-peer Community, users helping other users, so Verizon CS representatives typically allow the Community of users to provide answers first, and then they will confirm or provide additional help if needed. <<

0 Likes
Fixius
Enthusiast - Level 2

From all interactions with Verizon, and reading support feedback. They don't care if you get the update or not. You are still paying the phone bill, your phone works and you can still make calls and check email. Device security clearly isn't a concern. Android 4.1.2 has many security flaws and providing a patch or means to protect the customer is not important to them.

This is why the note 2 will be the last android phone I own.

Tidbits
Legend

Fixius so if Verizon was hands off with the update and it was pushed off if your phone bricks who would you blame? This is why US carriers have their own approval process because they'd be blamed for something they have no control over. Think about it and think about Europe and who they blame. You'll see something interesting.

marcodif
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon, where is the Android 4.3 update for my Galaxy Note II?  I dished out full price, $700, for my phone, and have not received an update.  I read that it was supposed to come on 11/29.  I've checked several times each day but found no update.  If I can't get an update there's no reason to stick with Verizon anymore.

kgandmimi
Enthusiast - Level 1

i purchased the galaxy gear a few weeks ago hoping that I could use it with my note 2 by ow. I am sad about this. glad my contract is up. tmobile and at&t might get my business now. I really do not care about having the best network, i do care about being current.

Fixius
Enthusiast - Level 2

It becomes the responsibility of the vendor as it should be. Not the provider of the phone service. The vendor/manufacturer should be taking the responsibility as it's a custom distribution of the android os. US carriers sticking their noses into the distributions and forcing the installation of bloatware makes them partly responsible, but that's also part of the problem.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

We all know full and well that doesn't happen. People flash that 2 year contract and say expletives.

T-Mobile with the Nexus 4 and 5 are prime examples. Doesn't matter if carriers are hands off or hands off. If they get blamed either way might as well test it right?

Customers already set the bar of how things were going to be done when Android was adopted. When the G1 came out and T-Mobile was hands off. The MyTouch T-Mobile was hands off. The Cliq when Motorola said they were waiting for drivers for the GPU and T-Mobile was sued for taking too lobg and they were hands off. T-Mobile got sued for the Behold II just because Samsung said it could get 2.0(could being the keyword) and later on recanted. In Europe these same devices they blamed HTC, and Samsung and not their respective carriers.

We can go on and on about this, but techies majority would know better, but the majority are not techies.

0 Likes