Re: when will note 2 update to 4.3
LIBOYZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

How were you able to get that?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I have all the Nexus devices. I have yet to see a "must" have feature from 4.0 to 4.4.2. People will oooh and aaah the first few weeks and feel the same as it did before and makes you wonder about all the hoopla was about.

danthemangreeneggsand

I agree in regards to the testing. How about when they put all that bloatware and take up a lot of memory on the device itself. The Note 2 didnt even have the calendar widget which every other wireless provider has; and it was taken off simply to have thier own BS apps work (which I dont use)......That sucks.

0 Likes
Maliceful
Enthusiast - Level 3

XDA has the power

0 Likes
rayw796

I have had my Gear for a couple of weeks.  Works OK with Note II.  I have a couple of issues that I hope will resolve when 4.3 update arrives.  I can receive and make calls, use watch with various faces, take photos with camera, access contacts, text messages, calendar events and find device and find watch.  I do not have a way to set weather location, so am probably needing the entire Gear Manager rather than just the stub.  I retrieved the Gear Manager stub at XDA-Developer.

0 Likes
scottdurbin
Enthusiast - Level 2

From what I understand there have been serious "post-update issues" with the Samsung Galaxy phones, and I think Verizon has always been cautious about updates and the potential for major issues.  I can understand and appreciate a corporate attitude where nasty posts about updates that haven't been made available are preferred over nasty posts about major issues with updates that have been made available.  They do, after all, have to be prepared to handle the onslaught of customer service issues that I'm sure always occur after updates.  As a tech guy, I would prefer to see optional updates made available for those who wouldn't mind agreeing to hold the carrier harmless and contribute information about the update in a constructive manner, but that prospect is probably riddled with legal challenges as well.  For now I am (even if some-what anxiously) content to wait for 4.3 and my shot at the new Galaxy Gear.

/sigh

choochooman
Enthusiast - Level 1

they are missing out on a lot of gear sales if they don't roll out this update i feel for you all, i hated to wait for an update from this carrier they are ALWAYS the last to update  that's why i went to a custom ROM updates are fast and the developer community is very helpful you actually hear back from them within a day or two not like some carriers that after they got you in a contract you never hear from them except for when your late on your payment good luck to you all hope it rolls out soon

JohnC118
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great post and so absolutely true.  Imagine if this company dealt with upgrades with the same urgency that they deal with getting payments. Unimaginable.

0 Likes
JohnC118
Enthusiast - Level 3

AT&T updated their Note 2 to 4.3 today which leaves Verizon LAST as USUAL.  The AT&T update included an extra from Samsung called Premium Suite which we better damn sure be getting after being made to wait so stupidly long.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

choochooman,

Thanks for inquiring us about getting the latest software on your device. We work hard to make sure any software that is released that it will work properly on our network. To get the latest news on our updates I have provided a link to keep track of all our devices on the Verizon Wireless network. Thanks again for your time.

http://vz.to/1bCKL5B

PeterV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes