when will note 4 get marshmallow 6.0?
Volleybill54
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still wondering when Verizon will send out the Android 6.0 for Note 4 users.  Any clues?

0 Likes
Re: when will note 4 get marshmallow 6.0?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When Samsung has finished with it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

MCPFail
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lollipop 5.0.1 was pushed out for us on our flagships in a rush to market (April 2015).  I was initially excited until I began to experience the 40-50 pages of issues in the other thread, and using my phone from outlet to outlet.  It was like I had a land line again 😕  Then Samsung concentrated on the Note 5, the S series, and forgot about us on the Note 4.  That update ruined our batteries and our experience.  Finally a few weeks ago this year Verizon pushed down 5.1.1 which was actually finished by Samsung last December.  I firmly believe Verizon was never going to push down 5.1.1 but Samsung forced the issue since 5.1.1 was a pre-req for 6.  It isn't worth finger pointing at this point but finally I feel like after 9 months and having to buy myself a new battery I have a working phone again.  I'm fine if Samsung and Verizon never push down another update to my Note 4 phone again.  Ever.

Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

6.0 was pushed to the Note 5 this weekend.   I don't know when it will hit Note 4.   As the last poster said my phone is usable, but still has some issues.   I don't know if I want 6.0 after the long wait to fix 5.0.1

0 Likes
Evanjake2633
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon and Samsung will send the Android 6.0 update to the Note 4 right after the release of Android 7.0.

Better off owning a Nexus phone with pure Android.

0 Likes