Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
when will note 4 get marshmallow 6.0?
Volleybill54

Still wondering when Verizon will send out the Android 6.0 for Note 4 users.  Any clues?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: when will note 4 get marshmallow 6.0?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

When Samsung has finished with it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

MCPFail

Lollipop 5.0.1 was pushed out for us on our flagships in a rush to market (April 2015).  I was initially excited until I began to experience the 40-50 pages of issues in the other thread, and using my phone from outlet to outlet.  It was like I had a land line again 😕  Then Samsung concentrated on the Note 5, the S series, and forgot about us on the Note 4.  That update ruined our batteries and our experience.  Finally a few weeks ago this year Verizon pushed down 5.1.1 which was actually finished by Samsung last December.  I firmly believe Verizon was never going to push down 5.1.1 but Samsung forced the issue since 5.1.1 was a pre-req for 6.  It isn't worth finger pointing at this point but finally I feel like after 9 months and having to buy myself a new battery I have a working phone again.  I'm fine if Samsung and Verizon never push down another update to my Note 4 phone again.  Ever.

Jason_Nipp
Novice

6.0 was pushed to the Note 5 this weekend.   I don't know when it will hit Note 4.   As the last poster said my phone is usable, but still has some issues.   I don't know if I want 6.0 after the long wait to fix 5.0.1

0 Likes
Evanjake2633

Verizon and Samsung will send the Android 6.0 update to the Note 4 right after the release of Android 7.0.

Better off owning a Nexus phone with pure Android.

0 Likes