Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
why is it that I cannot reply to a short code text message?
blktie

im receiving party invites via text messaging and it says to stop the invites to just reply STOP. When i reply STOP i get message failed.

The call back number has been blocked but im still receiving the messages via a short code. Need help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why is it that I cannot reply to a short code text message?
chris1060

I know that it is annoying getting these kinds of text messages, but most of them are phishing scams. Once you reply, they know that the number that they contacted is a cell phone, and they will in turn sell your number to other companies to send spam text messages. Also some of the sites are so scrupulous that when you reply, you are actually subscribing to premium message services. Be very careful when you reply to text messages from people that you don't know. If you go into My Verizon, It will allow you to block numbers from calling and texting you.

0 Likes
Re: why is it that I cannot reply to a short code text message?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Blktie, I wouldn't want to get messages from people I had tried to stop either. So lets stop the messages right away. Since you're having trouble stopping the party invites, I'd recommend checking your message to ensure there's no signature and only the word STOP. Also you can contact the company that's sending the messages and ask them to stop. They will be able to remove your number from the message list.

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes