Re: why should I give Verizon/Samsung more money?
Tidbits
Legend

I got stories about Sprint and it can be backed up with court documents by the company worked for and the 23 people it affected.

Also a  bad charging port for an HTC device.  I have had devices break on me and Sprint has said tough luck.  Also you can find similar stories on their very forums.  HP and Dell depending on the devices they may have had recalls on the devices which is was it was "easy" past the warranty date.  I mean for example a problem with Nvidia onboard graphics cards.  Apple had one recently with those I believe it was Macbooks from 2007-2010?  Been a while.  Often they don't tell people about the recalls in a obvious manor and when you said you had a problem they notice a recall and viola even passed the warranty end date seems like they are taking care of you.

You may have not have had a 2 year contract and actually had a LEASE with them. Yes there is a difference again, and they advertised the differences as well from Sprint.

I live on Oahu.  So does that mean you will take me on the bet since you are coming down on your imaginary plane?  I mean if I had the money to own or hire a Concorde, or a G6 I wouldn't give a crap about a broken phone after 18 months.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RickJ64, your device is absolutely something that you want to be up and operational for an extended period of time. As you have indicated that the factory data reset has been done several times, when completing that step, had you selected to restore or removed the auto restore so that none of your apps and games restored automatically?

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RickJ64
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done the factory reset both ways. i sent it up as a new phone, and only added a few apps. Still no luck.

the best i get is 4-5 hours with no re-start and the ability to use texting and phone calls. Any attempt to launch an app will lock the phone or force a restart

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

the Samsung desk at Best Buy may be able to help You.  They can flash the phone with appropriate software.

IF they can't repair the phone, then give it up. 

YOur phone is not an extension of your service.  If it croaks before its paid off, just replace it.  Pick up a Nexus at Best Buy.   And when your contract expires, you bill can be reduced for 2 years because you already have an awesome phone. 

Note...it will also have a one (1) year warranty.  You can purchase extra coverage or Square trade insurance.

0 Likes