why won't my Note 3 charge with my original wall charger?
beaner1235
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the past couple of days I've been getting a notification on my phone when I plug my phone into the wall charger.  It tells me for a faster charge, use the original charger.  I am using the wall charger I received with my phone at time of purchase.  Last night it took 10 hours to charge from 20% battery life.  Is there anything I need to do to help the charger charge normal?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why won't my Note 3 charge with my original wall charger?
juliebird
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is a known issue with the cables. I called Verizon & they transferred me to Samsung.  Samsung is replacing all charging cables for free (we have 3 Note 3's).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Apemoney
Enthusiast - Level 1

I"m having the same exact issue, have you found a solution this yet??? this is ridiculous, it's taking HOURS to charge!

beaner1235
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've noticed it has something to do with the charger itself.  The part you plug into the phone is loose on my phone and I have to wiggle it enough to make it charge.  Last night my phone didn't charge again and then this morning I wiggled the cord just right and it charged no problem.  Is your Note 3 Black?  Verizon told me the Black phones are having issues.  I could get a "certified new" phone which I declined because I don't want a refurbished phone.  I did purchase a cord from a Verizon store just haven't tried it yet with my wall charger.  My car charger works just fine.  So weird.  Is your phone cord loose when you plug it in?

0 Likes
wventure
Enthusiast - Level 1

I noticed my Samsung Note 3 battery was not charging properly while on vacation. The phone screen was blinking on several time while charging. After charging for 8 hours, the battery was only 50% charged. I was using the charger that came with the phone.  I tried swapping out the phone charging cable with a older Micro USB cable. The phone then charged completely with no issues. It did however take longer to charge. I had already purchased a replacement cable for the phone. The size of the phone connection concerned me and I thought I may have problems later on. What's happening is the twisting of the cable while connecting or handling the phone while charging, is putting stress on the connection. This will cause the cable connection to fail.  Now when I charge the phone overnight I use the regular cable. However if I need to use it while charging I will use a older Micro USB cable or just disconnect the cable completely. The older Micro USB connection is smaller and therefore a little more durable. Also to help the battery charge last longer, turn off mobile data, wifi and Bluetooth when not use. I learned that trick with my old phone. I hope this tidbit of info helps others with same problem.

BrianGA

MIne has done the same thing. I went back to using a regular mini usb charger. I think this is pretty widespread. We need an answer for this.

0 Likes
juliebird
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is a known issue with the cables. I called Verizon & they transferred me to Samsung.  Samsung is replacing all charging cables for free (we have 3 Note 3's).

0 Likes
budone
Legend

It is not the cable. Mine no longer charges as of today, as I get the message that I should use my original charger to charge faster. I AM using my original charger. but the device recognizes I plugged it in. I can still charge mine with my car charger.

Sent from my iPad

ronsimeone

experienced the same problem.... visited the verizon store on several occasions... finally, after several weeks., I have found a solution....

the Verizon charger works!!!!  It will charge quickly and usually the red indicator light on the verizon charger stops at 98%... leave the charger on for an additional 3 minutes or so., and voila!!  100%.... no more problems...

I had been told to clean the port with a toothbrush, then to try canned air, and I was given a refurbished samsung charger but that did not work either.... Finally a Verizon representative told me to use the Verizon charger... IT WORKS!!!! 

0 Likes
deltabond
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone is white, and it was doing this same thing... the replacement phone I received was also white, and it was doing it, as well.  I use my husband's motorola charger, which fits half of the Note3 plug and charges the phone.

0 Likes
Jalilah19

I have the exact same problem. My phone is also white.  m I am using the original phone charger also but getting that message.  I have had to use a basic mini-usb charger.  This is ridiculous.

0 Likes