Re: wifi constantly searching after 4.3 update
kbachler
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another incident.

From 6 am to 11:30 am, phone went from 100% charged to appx 70% charged.  From 11:30 to 12:00 went from 70% charged to 11% charged.  Phone was hot, and CPU was again running fast.

Plugged phone into a charger, by 12:15 was at 8% charged.

Plugged phone into an external battery (as described in my earlier posts) -- CPU immediately slowed down, phone immediately charged and could be switched to a charger to complete the charge.

What is the anticipated  timing for Verizon to fix this?

0 Likes
brentwoodperson
Enthusiast - Level 3

Stop the pain. You have hardware problens due to the 4.3 upgrafe. Take your phone into a verizon store. Ask for the manager. Tell him the 4.3 update created hardware problems with your wifi.  He will connect your phone to his wifi then wait for the phone to drop the wifi signal.  He will order you a new phone. 

0 Likes
kbachler
Enthusiast - Level 3

The phone doesn't drop the WiFi signal.

CPU racing is sporadic.

0 Likes
kbachler
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there any word on a fix?

I have tried a different CPU app to see if I could get better information.

When the battery is draining, the CPU load is ranging between 80% and 100% when the phone is idle.

When all is well, the CPU load is ranging between 30% and 50%.

There is no indication as to what is causing this other than Android OS.

At this point, the phone is unreliable.

An additional piece of information - according to CPU-Z, the software I am using, it indicates: "Root Access - Yes".  I have not rooted the phone.  Does this make any sense?

0 Likes
ronirons

My phone is a Galaxy Note II and after the 4.3 upgrade my WiFi gradually developed the 'Connection is unstable" problem.  I have tried many things to correct this and have finally had good results by changing my Router so that it only allows one type of 811 service.  It was set to "auto b,g and n" by default.  I changed it to "n" only and had good stability with the connection but my web cam wouldn't work with "n" so I switched to "g" only and haven't had a problem for two days now.  Clearly this workaround shouldn't be required but there appears to be some problem in the latest Android that needs to be corrected by Verizon.

0 Likes