Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
will verizon give use back the features they are blocking from us?
TonkaToy87

Verizon most likely will not give us these features back unless everyone that bought a Verizon brand phone stats complaining to Verizon. If enough people are complaining about it and if the media and social media start making a news story about it. but the main reason they are allowing us to access the features is because customer service has a back door into our phones and the can ACCESS, AND TAKE FULL CONTROL OVER OUR PHONE AT ANYTIME THEY WANT!!!! SO IF YOU HAVE A VERIZON BRANDED PHONE YOU HAVE NO SECURITY AND NO PRICACY ON YOUR PHONE

they have already done it to my phone! and ever since something hasn' been right with my phone, overheats while I using it without being on the charger and I'm lucky if my phone lasts 6 hour on a full charge and I'm not playing music, game, or movies. i need to warranty it but i was Samsung's unlocked version. And if I wont give me one im either ROOTING my phone or switching to T-Moble after 13 years of being with Verizon and never had a problem with them until now. And it's a major issue, give $1000 for the phone to get stabbed in the back and restricted on what i can do with it, then Verizon's customer service destroys my phone by hacking it. That's for the extremely expensive useless paper weight!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: will verizon give use back the features they are blocking from us?
kathy65793

What exactly happen to your phone and what do you mean that Verizon hacked your phone? Did you get an update then this started or what started all this

0 Likes
TonkaToy87

VERIZON didn't exactly hack my phone. My phone has been having major issues with overheating and draining the battery faster than it should be and becoming glitchy and leggy. But while I was on the phone with customer service, they had me do something I can' remember exactly what but it gave the service rep that I was talking with complete control over my phone. Full access to everything. I understand that it' intended to be for diagnosing issues on the phones, but having some random person over the phone that you don't personally know take control of you phone. That throws up way to many red flags. Not to mention major security risk with people credit card info being on people's phones now days along with account info. It's deffinantly conserning for a big company to be able to have access like that

0 Likes
kathy65793

I hear what you are saying about giving them access to your phone but to be honest I think they already have it. When this new  program Smart what ever started if you go into the fine print there is something in there to make a long story short that they can see where you have been (location) and where you browse. We got the 1 GB extra and the main thing about getting that was that they are going to give their advertiser ever bit of info that they can from the phone.  When I was having problems with my S 5 after the update from lollipop to marshmallow I called a corp store and asked them if there was some way to get into my phone to see what was going on with it and at that time Verizon and Samsung told me they had no way to read my phone let alone why it was not working. With the things they come out with in technology every day I knew it would be just a matter of time before they would be able to do it If you signed up for that Smart program just read what all they can do and who they can share it with.When you called Verizon were you talking to a customer rep or did they transfer you to tech support? Do you have developer options working on your phone? When you go into the battery usage what does it say that is using most of the power? Have they suggested that you clear the cache partition in recovery mode and the do the factory reset when you called them? Please keep us posted cause with this phone just coming out I am sure that this maybe one of the major issues that Note 8 owners are going have.  

0 Likes
tk3765
Novice

The area they may have access to, and I am going on what has been said here, may only be flat system related without access to any type of storage.

Verizon, or anyone for that matter, is not going to spend the time to "play" in someone's phone for the purposes of stealing information.  Allowing temporary access to diagnose a problem is standard procedure for many electronics.  When the session ends it is over..they don't have ongoing access and the person has to accept the access at the time of request.

Unfortunately, intermittent issues with individual phones can occur.  I noticed during activation my Note 8 got extremely warm but hasn't since.  Given the number of phones produced, a certain percentage are going to have glitches...quality control, even the best of it, can't always catch every incorrect product which is why some of these updates cause problems in some phones but not all.

Just out of curiosity, if you haven't already Smiley Happy, back up all of your data and then try a factory reset.  I've found in the past it corrects the glitchiness..I had to do it twice in a year to the S7 Edge as it was slow and "heavy" in its operation.  The factory reset cleared the problems and the phone worked better even after re-loading the updates.

0 Likes
TonkaToy87

The issues with the issue with the phone overheating is more that just and killing the battery is more than a glitch I just factory reset for the 3rd time in 3 weeks. I haven downloaded any of my apps yet from either app store and I haven't shut Down any of the bloatware and havent loaded any of my seating. It has only been a day but the battery is still draining way to fast I have to charge it half way through the day. If I start disabling Verizon's preloaded bloatware and start using my apps the phone begins to overheat. And the apps I'm using I've been using ive been using since the NOTE 3, then on the note 5, some I was using on the HTC thunderbolt 8 years ago. They are apps I've done continuous tests on and kept up to date and I've kept well informed as fare as them being harmful or not. I know exactly how they funcion and witch ones I need to force stop after using or keep them asleep so the don' use to much battery. Like the weather channel app i know need to be forced stopped after i use it or it will drain the battery. And to be honest the NOTE 8 has the same size battery as the NOTE 5 (I checked) and should be able last just as long or longer being a brand new phone. Not half as long as the NOTE 5.

My phone is a Verizon spacific phone there is something deffinantly wrong with the software verizon preloaded on this phone because removing or disabling the verizon spacific app (vz cloud, games, and other preloded bloatware) should not have any affect on the oporating system or device functionality. Yes disabling vz services will cause that (ANT or services vital to the O.S.) will for sure cause that but I'm not touching any of that

I am calling Samsung tomorrow to see if I can get a warranty done and see if I can get them to send me a unlocked version instead of the VERIZON preloaded one. Because verizon being useless keeps having me reset my phone witch isn' fixing anything

0 Likes
tk3765
Novice

Again, you can't make the assumption Verizon is st fault.  You may have simply gotten a bad phone which is why warranties are in place.

Remember, the Note 7 was a manufacturing/design defect...only what, a dozen phones (at least by what was reportdd in the media) caught fire but every one was recalled and those fires were across multiple carriers.  The product was at fault, not the carrier.

Also, the updates are put out by Samsung and pushed out by the carriers.  Those updates are not reprogrammed by the carriers before being pushed to the phones.

0 Likes