11.17.18 S7 Update 26???
LehighDawgs

This morning, I received a notification for "Update 26," yet this update isn't even listed on Verizon's update page. Is anyone else getting this? Does anyone know what this update is?

0 Likes
Re: 11.17.18 S7 Update 26???
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The page might not have been updated quite yet. Samsung Galaxy S7 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

Likely it is a newer security update. Hopefully it will be the November security updates.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
spacespin57

Me, my wife and my daughter, all got this update a few days ago.

There phones (an s7 edge and a basic s7) ,

updated ok.

My basic S7, is falling the patch at 28%, once it got to 29%.

I tried clearing the cache partition dozens of times, no fix.

I'm reluctant to do a factory reset  The failure message says to try update assistant with USB cable, but when connected to my laptop, it says no updates are available 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very troubling to hear, we need to get you updated right away. When doing the update without the USB, are you connected to a Wi-Fi? If you are, please disconnect from it and then try running it. If you aren't how many bars do you have for signal strength? Please connect to a Wi-Fi, try and run the update and see if it goes through. Please keep us posted. 

GenevieveB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

try wi-fi

0 Likes
spacespin57

I was able to complete the update successfully  using Samsung Smart Switch, and my original Samsung USB cable.

When I tried using Smart Switch the first day the update failed via wifi, Smart Switch didn't show that an update was available  But it did show the update the other day.

So everything is good now 

0 Likes