2 Phone Apps on Galaxy S5
JEWELLZ66
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why do I have 2 phone Apps on my Galaxy S5?? Does this mean someone put something on my phone?? (e.g. spy app) And if yes..Then how do I get rid of it??

0 Likes
Re: 2 Phone Apps on Galaxy S5
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where are you seeing the two icons for the phone application? Are they on your home screen or in the app drawer?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JEWELLZ66
Enthusiast - Level 3

APP DRAWER

0 Likes
JEWELLZ66
Enthusiast - Level 3

IN SYSTEM APPS THERE ARE 2 PHONE APPS ONE HAS 14.59 MB AND THE OTHER HAS 12.11 MB AND BOTH ARE ON?? THIS JUST STRIKES ME AS ODD??

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good question JEWELLZ266 . Have you downloaded any 3rd party apps to your phone. You can always remove 3rd party apps that you don't need. Here is a link with steps to uninstall apps on your phone that are not stock apps http://vz.to/2j06bT2 .

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JEWELLZ66
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for answering me....But no I haven't put anything on my phone?? This is why I questioned it??  That and when I talk to like my daughter...what I tell her gets known??

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the details, JEWELLZ66. I assure you that we want nothing more that to find an answer as to why you are seeing the duplicate phone app and we appreciate your patience.

Have you attempted to power the phone up in safe mode http://vz.to/2dmp9G6 to find out if the two phone apps continue to appear? Safe mode will disable third party apps on your device. Could you please describe what you see when you tap open either phone app? Do you see the same information in both or are there any discrepancies? Please provide a few additional details and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JEWELLZ66
Enthusiast - Level 3

HI...I WENT BACK AND LOOKED AT THE APPS...I NOW HAVE 3 PHONE APPS..LOL  NO IDEA WHY??

PHONE APP 1- 14.59MB STORAGE, 9.7 MB MEMORY LAST 3HRS

PHONE APP 2 -  3.43MB STORAGE, ZERO MEMORY AND 5.06MB DATA USAGE

PHONE APP 3 - 12.11MB STORAGE, 33MB MEMORY LAST 3 HRS

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE LEARNED THUS FAR. WILL POST WHEN I FIGURE OUT YOUR OTHER QUESTION. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

JEWELLZ66
Enthusiast - Level 3

THE OTHER THING YOU HAD ASKED ME TO DO.DOES NOT MATTER. IF I CAN NOT SEE THE HIDDEN APP I CAN NOT REMOVE THE HIDDEN APP.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've seen phones with multiple system phone apps and a Google search indicates it's normal after certain phone updates.  I haven't found anything conclusive, but I've wondered if one of them is related to phones receiving the update to HD Voice/Video Calling.

0 Likes