2 lists in contacts
cp724

Just upgraded to S7"s my wife 2 complete lists of contact why and how to correct? Could one possibly from her google account

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 2 lists in contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Contacts can get a bit tricky, cp724, because email accounts can save contacts and cloud services can save contacts, which then leads to duplicate contacts. How many email accounts is on your wife’s phone? When you go into Contacts – More – Settings – what is set on Contacts to Display? This is where you can narrow down what account are showing and hopefully solve the mystery of the duplicate contacts. Keep us posted.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can link duplicates.  The two list could be from Google, Verizon Cloud, another email account, etc.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bearone21
Legend

great tip, i cleaned things up a bit in my contacts.

0 Likes
cp724

Thought of both of those but no. Went to her google account and she has no contacts in google. and the phone won't let me merge or link the contacts? Verizon cloud is her only list

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there duplicate contacts under the Verizon Cloud list?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cp724

No there isn't

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Contacts can get a bit tricky, cp724, because email accounts can save contacts and cloud services can save contacts, which then leads to duplicate contacts. How many email accounts is on your wife’s phone? When you go into Contacts – More – Settings – what is set on Contacts to Display? This is where you can narrow down what account are showing and hopefully solve the mystery of the duplicate contacts. Keep us posted.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes