2022 Early pay off of Samsung S21 Ultra 5G BOGO deal
Eddie_R_C
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched from a different carrier to VZW in Feb. 2021. I transferred in two line and went for the S21 Ultra 5G BOGO offer that they were offering. I was told at purchase that after a period of time that I would be able to pay off the original device that wasn't receiving the monthly credit and still receive the credit for the additional S21.  I can see on my monthly bill statement which line is receiving the device credit and which one I am paying for. When I go to pay off the device not receiving the credit, it warns me that the device is linked to a promotion and I could lose the promotion for paying off the device. It says this for both of my devices.

My question is, Can I pay off the device I am paying full price for and still receive the credit for the device that is receiving the promotional credit?

All the other threads are outdated and I don't know if things have changed. Thanks for any help provided.

Samsung Galaxy S21 5G    

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 2022 Early pay off of Samsung S21 Ultra 5G BOGO deal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Eddie_R_C. We know the importance of understanding your promotions in relation to paying off your devices. When taking advantage of BOGO promotions, paying off your devices will result in the promotion canceling. https://www.verizon.com/support/device-deals-faqs/

-Tanisha

0 Likes
Eddie_R_C
Enthusiast - Level 1

Maybe I am misinterpreting this.

• What kind of account changes will make my promo credits stop early?

Your promo credits stop if you:

• Pay off your device's device payment agreement early.
      • For buy one, get one deals, after 6 months you can pay off the "buy one" device and the promo credits for the "get one" device will continue.

Is this a typo? I'm trying to pay off my "buy one" device and have my promo credits still continue for my "get one." It says you can do it, but it is also listed under the tab "What kind of account changes will make my promo credits stop early?"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eddie_R_C, we do apologize for any confusions. Yes, after 6 months of billing has passed on your "BOGO", you may pay off the "Buy" device and still receive the monthly credits on the "Get" device/line. The line and device payment on the Buy line must remain active for 6 months and the line and device payment on the Get line must remain active for the full device payment plan to receive the full credit. I hope this helps clear things up. 

-Christine

0 Likes