Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3 way call merge doesn't work
cosunbeautie

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8.  I have had 2 issues lately without any changes to my phone (other than updates).  

1. My 3 way call merge doesn't work.  I am on a call I go to add a call enter the number and get the other person.  I hit merge and nothing happens. It always says unable to complete merge.  This is has started in the last few weeks.  I have tried it on multiple numbers and with people of Pixel, Apple and Samsung phones.  All fail to merge. 

2. I also had a minor issue of my messages app not giving me notifications despite having all notifications turned on.  The number with a circle telling me how many new wasn't displaying.  It was Messages 10.1.45.20.  I had to use a different version on my phone of Messages+ to get it to give me messages (6.9.12)

I'd like both issues fixed but honestly the 3 way calling one I really do need a fix for.  

All updated on my software and restarted etc.  G950USQS7DTA3  on Jan 27th.  

0 Likes
Re: 3 way call merge doesn't work
cosunbeautie

So I seem to have figured out the problem myself.  Not sure why this would matter but I have been running out of space on my phone....internal memory and the external MicroSD that I had.  It still had like 5GB open but apparently that wasn't enough to make 3 way calls?  Weird.  I cleared about 20GB of space between the two and now it works fine.  

0 Likes
Re: 3 way call merge doesn't work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

cosunbeautie,

We're glad to hear you found the fix. Low memory can cause any device to act up. If you have any additional questions or concerns, We're a quick message away. Thanks for being the very best part of the Verizon family.  KatiM_VZW

0 Likes