4.3 Multi User Mode; Where?
ltolman1
Contributor - Level 1

According to Samsungs Official Site and the 4.3 Upgrade it talks about having us have "Multi User Mode"  Which means you can pass your smartphone to someone else, they can log in and have access to all their stuff (emails Im thinking)

But I cant seem to find it on my cell phone.  How bout you?

So then a Samsung Agent said it wasnt currently available on my device and gave me a list of what did change.

It said "Updated Interface: Home/Apps/Lock/Notification Panel" So I asked....what changed on Lock screen...perhaps the Multi User ability?

She said "No, a signature lock screen" I said "Hmmm" Yeah you have the ability to use your signature to lock unlock your device.

I said ....."I didnt get that update"

So I'm here asking the rest of you...how do I access the Multi Users function...where is it and also did anyone else get a "signature" option for lock screen?

Thanks

Re: 4.3 Multi User Mode; Where?
B33
Legend

You might give the Manual a Look-see here see if it list that any were in it.. Good luck b33

http://www.wirelesszone.com/cms/files/167314262751a8de9a91d1a.pdf

0 Likes
ltolman1
Contributor - Level 1

I dont think thats the 4.3 Upgrade Manual.

I searched here and on Samsungs website for an updated manual and I'm not finding it.

I'm mainly searching for "Reading" for proof of the update cause now within the Notification bar theres an option that says 'Reading" and I think if you delve into the settings it talks a minor bit about "Reading Mode" but again both manuals do not mention about this setting Smiley Sad

But I suppose I'll continue to wait for either someone to help me figure out this "Multi User" option or until the new 4.3 Manual is released.

Thanks though Smiley Happy

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That could be possible it might be Samsung has not updated it's new Manuals to compensate the change.. and your Welcome.. b

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The multiple user mode is only available on tablets and not on smartphones. Smartphones are more personal devices as opposed to tablets that can be shared within a family.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As explained here. http://m.androidcentral.com/how-use-android-43-s-restricted-profile-feature

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ltolman1
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry it took so long to respond; been busy.

Okay well what I viewed was off of Samsung's website so I know Verizon has nothing to do with it; just kinda sucks that its advertised and I'm mis-informed by the creator of my phone LOL

Providing Verizon will let me provide a link to a 3rd party site heres the link I got the info off of:

http://m.samsung.com/us/article/premium-suite-update-for-galaxy-devices?marsLinkCategory=mphone:mpho...

Note at the very top of that page (link I provided) it says this:  Our latest software update opens up a new world for your Galaxy S® 4, Galaxy Note® II and Galaxy S® III with Android 4.3, Galaxy Gear compatibility and an emphasis on security and privacy (no mention of the word Tablet, unless one of those words is implied?....myself I own a "Galaxy Note 10.1" tablet)

0 Likes