4.3 Update
DA5150

I am having these same issues! Battery drain, lost downloaded ringtones, old contacts are back on my phone. I also don't like the fact that when people text me, it now displays on the lock screen for everyone to see. I have not been able to figure out how to disable this. Anyone have an idea???

Not happy with this "upgrade"!!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4.3 Update
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm assuming you're using the stock text messaging app?  If so, yes, on your phone, open the text  (messaging) app.  Press the menu key so that you can get to its settings, then press settings.  Scroll to Preview Message and uncheck it.  You'll still get a pop-up on the lock screen when texts arrive, but they will be generic and not the details of the texts themselves.  Also see this thread for more info.:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

DA5150 wrote:

I also don't like the fact that when people text me, it now displays on the lock screen for everyone to see. I have not been able to figure out how to disable this. Anyone have an idea???

Not happy with this "upgrade"!!!!

Open the messaging app, then go to settings and preview message, then uncheck it.

0 Likes
DA5150

can you give me more details on how to do this? Do I go into settings on my phone?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm assuming you're using the stock text messaging app?  If so, yes, on your phone, open the text  (messaging) app.  Press the menu key so that you can get to its settings, then press settings.  Scroll to Preview Message and uncheck it.  You'll still get a pop-up on the lock screen when texts arrive, but they will be generic and not the details of the texts themselves.  Also see this thread for more info.:

0 Likes
DA5150
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

you're welcome

0 Likes