4G Not Responding
Manwhalo

Hello Everyone,

My Galaxy S4 is having some 4G issues. When I am using an app that requires data connection, the app will not work. 4G is showing at the top but there is nothing happening. If I push the "close all" button, everything will work fine again for a few minutes, then back to not working. My roommate has the identical phone and Verizon carrier and is not having any of the same problems. Also, if I use Wi-Fi, the problem doesn't happen.

Has anybody had similar issues or any ideas on what I can do? My smart phone is just a phone right now. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: 4G Not Responding
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried resetting the SIM card?  Turn off the phone, remove the SIM card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts), wait a few minutes, then reinsert the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and allow a minute or two for the phone to establish a fresh network connection.

0 Likes
Manwhalo

Thanks for the suggestion tikibar1. I appreciate it!  I tried removing and reinstalling the SIM card and it did not fix my problem.

I also just got off the phone with Verizon support. They had me do all the normal stuff like remove the case, turn this and that on and off, all the stuff I have done 20 times this week. It worked fine while I had support on the pone but, once I hung up, back to not working of course.

Any other ideas before I call support back?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi manwhalo - Let's get you back to cruising the information superhighway at top speed! Did this start after installing a new application or update? Try starting the device ins Safe Mode to see if the issue is being caused by a rogue app: http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/77504/

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes