4G and 5G switching on phone
kdb29127sc

I just bought a s21+ a few weeks ago. I have noticed it switches from 4G to 5G quite often even in a pretty good signal. It doesn’t cause any connection issues though. Is this normal?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G and 5G switching on phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
-Rita K.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your new SamsungS21+device.Making sure that the signal is functioning properly is essential. It's good that you are able to connect without any issues.to answer your question, it is common for signal to flucuate when in areas with 5G and LTE coverage. Please send the zip code and we can take a closer look at the location. -Rita K.

0 Likes
kdb29127sc

I was zip code 29006. I just noticed my phone would switch from 4G to 5G quite often. But there are no problems. I had a solid connection either way. If I wouldn’t have looked at the signal display I wouldn’t have known the difference.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, kdb29127sc. Your 4G and Nationwide 5Gcoverage looks good, but there is an outage that has been reported in the area. We would recommend contacting us after the outage has been fixed, for further troubleshooting, if the signal fluctuation is note resolved. Click here more information about outages: https://www.verizon.com/support/network-outage-faqs/.   *Cassie

0 Likes
kdb29127sc

When is 5G nationwide to expand to Newberry, South Carolina. Zip code 29108

0 Likes