4G is no longer connecting - questions about Sim card?
littlegina
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I have a Galaxy S4 I've tried everything I can to this phone to make it connect to 4G (except for factory reset because I refuse to do that) but it turns out I'll have to purchase a new Sim card.

1. Is Verizon just going to transfer everything from one Sim card to another?

2. Will I lose anything in the process of this? I'm aware that SD card and Sim card are two different things, but I'm afraid of the chance of losing anything.

3. What is the price of a new SD card?

4. Will I need to get a new number?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Completely unrelated question: How much does a new battery cost?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G is no longer connecting - questions about Sim card?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

littlegina wrote:

So I have a Galaxy S4 I've tried everything I can to this phone to make it connect to 4G (except for factory reset because I refuse to do that) but it turns out I'll have to purchase a new Sim card.  No, SIM cards are free, if you go to a Verizon Corporate store.  Use the Store Locator (top right of this page) to find a CORPORATE store.

1. Is Verizon just going to transfer everything from one Sim card to another?  All that's on the SIM card is your network connection information; videos, photos, music, documents, etc are on the SD card, and you can move that from phone ot phone, it has nothing to do with your network connection.

2. Will I lose anything in the process of this? I'm aware that SD card and Sim card are two different things, but I'm afraid of the chance of losing anything.  You can remove your SD card prior to taking it to the corporate store for the SIM switch, and just reinsert it later.  A SIM switch merely will reset the network connection, and fix it if the SIM has become corrupt, which happens.

3. What is the price of a new SD card? SD cards range from $5 up depending on the memory capacity,and where you get them.  A SIM card is free.

4. Will I need to get a new number? No.

Completely unrelated question: How much does a new battery cost? You can find OEM batteries online at places like cellularoutfitters.com, batteries4less,com, etc - just google OEM battery for (insert your phone model here).  I've gotten re[placement batteries for a variety of phones over the years, ranging from less than $10 to about $30, again, depends on the capacity and phone.  Shop the different online stores and find the best deal.  I've found most of them to be reliable, and fast on the shipping too.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

littlegina wrote:

So I have a Galaxy S4 I've tried everything I can to this phone to make it connect to 4G (except for factory reset because I refuse to do that) but it turns out I'll have to purchase a new Sim card.  No, SIM cards are free, if you go to a Verizon Corporate store.  Use the Store Locator (top right of this page) to find a CORPORATE store.

1. Is Verizon just going to transfer everything from one Sim card to another?  All that's on the SIM card is your network connection information; videos, photos, music, documents, etc are on the SD card, and you can move that from phone ot phone, it has nothing to do with your network connection.

2. Will I lose anything in the process of this? I'm aware that SD card and Sim card are two different things, but I'm afraid of the chance of losing anything.  You can remove your SD card prior to taking it to the corporate store for the SIM switch, and just reinsert it later.  A SIM switch merely will reset the network connection, and fix it if the SIM has become corrupt, which happens.

3. What is the price of a new SD card? SD cards range from $5 up depending on the memory capacity,and where you get them.  A SIM card is free.

4. Will I need to get a new number? No.

Completely unrelated question: How much does a new battery cost? You can find OEM batteries online at places like cellularoutfitters.com, batteries4less,com, etc - just google OEM battery for (insert your phone model here).  I've gotten re[placement batteries for a variety of phones over the years, ranging from less than $10 to about $30, again, depends on the capacity and phone.  Shop the different online stores and find the best deal.  I've found most of them to be reliable, and fast on the shipping too.

0 Likes
littlegina
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will they need any information to be able to insert a new Sim card?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your phone number, and possibly account information to verify you are authorized on the account.

0 Likes