4g connectivity issues
Sallyvs19
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verizon,

I know a couple people have posted regarding this issue and I will post as well. Ever since I updated my device to the latest software version, my 4g ***** big time. I used to have no problems before, now I am lucky if I can get Pandora to function properly. I tend not to complain about stuff but today it was so frustrating to try to listen to music that I have no choice. Verizon is not a cheap service and it claims to have the best and fastest 4g in the country, yet I cannot even listen to Pandora without it stopping every few seconds and taking forever to load. I can deal with the fact that you guys seem to be the last company to offer updates to your customers, but I cannot deal with issues for service that I am paying for. I have done a lot of troubleshooting myself, like rebooting into recovery and wiping the cache. That did not work. I also disabled the Caller ID app that a lot of people reported was successful in fixing the issue, but it did not work either.

The GPS is another problem. I had no complaints for the first few months, now it loses signal and takes a long time to get it back, that is if it gets it back.

I really hope that you guys resolve this issue quick.

Sincerely,

A very frustrated customer.

0 Likes
Re: 4g connectivity issues
Not applicable

Sally have you tried Resetting or at least clearing the Cache on your phone after doing an Update sometimes it's the only thing that will help the phone as it clears up some of the clutter from the last OS if you haven't done the two things suggested you give it a try so you can get that Pandora back on Track..Smiley Happy 

0 Likes
Sallyvs19
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply br-549, yes I have tried that but no luck Smiley Sad

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

It is always recommended after an update to do a hard reset of your device. Also fyi this is a peer to peer forum for customers helping customers, not a direct message board to Verizon. And Pandora is not something you are paying for; its an online app.

0 Likes
Sallyvs19
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did do a master reset, which can make any device run smoother but at the same time I do not think is necessary all the time. Also, I do know this is a peer to peer forum I just decided to post this way, although I have seen Verizon Customer Service Reps reply to posts. At last, I do pay a yearly subscription in Pandora, but that aside I am paying for an internet connection (supposedly 4G LTE) and my Verizon is responsible in providing me with it so I can use the internet and it internet apps.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup you can do that on your plan do you have Unlimited or is it a Share plan ?  if you have Unlimited as i do you can use as Much as you want and not have to worry about going over on Data. But if you have Limited Share plan with say 2 GB of Data you'll have to manage what you Use and having a Wi-Fi Connection would surely come in Handy if you have Wi-Fi Disable your Data Network 4G then connect to your Wi-Fi so your only pulling from it..

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried establishing a fresh connection with the network?  Turn off the phone, remove the SIM card, and wait a few minutes.  Then re-insert the SIM card, power the phone back on, and let it re-connect to the network.  If that doesn't help, you might want to try a new SIM card; they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store.

You also might try troubleshooting Pandora, just in case it's app-related:

Pandora |         Trouble Streaming Pandora on Android

0 Likes
Sallyvs19
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a share plan but the issue is not that we went over the limit or anything... The problem is the 4G itself... it has been very sluggish in my phone... My boyfriend has the Iphone 5 and he has no issues...

0 Likes
Sallyvs19
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am going to try that... I do not know if it is the SIM card though... I had no issues before the last update and it has been sort of a known issue for people who updated their firmware to the latest one.

Doesn't hurt to try it...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok sometime when i ask my Questions Sally to the subject they tend to wander as i trying to find if there is other areas that the phone might be having the Issue, So at times they might seem a bit odd Sorry!  But as Tiki mentioned you can try and Pull your Sim Card) Turn the phone off first,, Remove the Card carefully only Grasping the sides of the Card once it's at the edge of your phone leave the Card out for about 10 min. then re-install it again Carefully.. then Re-power it up see if reconnecting to the Network gets your phone back from being sluggish.. 

0 Likes