5 Digit SMS Short Code: can't send to, or reply
jackiek330
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not able to reply to5 digit doctor text messages for confirming appointments or text 5 digit numbers for radio contests etc with my new Samsumg Galaxy s7.

Re: 5 Digit SMS Short Code: can't send to, or reply
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jackiek330 ,

We definitely want you winning those radio contests! May I ask what is occurring when you try to respond? Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to receive them okay?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jackiek330 - Having the ability to reply to short code text messages is a must. What happens when you send the reply? Do you know if you have a premium message block? Chck out this helpful link to lock/unblock services vz.to/1MEYquX
JacobVV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jackiek330
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry forgot to include that.  When i reply i get a sending failed message.  I receive them ok just can't send or reply. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, jackiek330. We'll make sure you are able to get your messages sent. What messaging app are you using? Have you checked your message permissions to allow Premium Messages?

DanielleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jackiek330
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the default messages app. All permissions are turned on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for double checking that, jackiek330. Were you able to reply to those same numbers on your previous phone without errors? In the Messages application, please go into MORE > Settings and make sure that Signature & Callback number are both turned off and try the messages again.

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes
jackiek330
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I was. I double checked and both are off. I was replying to my

doctor appointment and there might have been a screen or prompt that

came up as the first time I replied to a 5 digit sms short code asking

me something, but I'm not sure what is was or where is went? I may have

accidentally hit it?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional insight into the issue, jackiek330. We definitely want to get things cleared up so you can send to and reply to those short code messages. Let's reset the texting application on your phone. Please follow these steps;

1) Tap Apps from the Home Screen.

2) Tap Settings

3) Tap Applications

4) Tap Application manager

5) From the dropdown menu, select All apps. (The dropdown menu only appears if there are currently disabled apps)

6) Tap the Messaging app.

7) Tap FORCE STOP(Tap again to confirm)

😎 Tap Storage

9) Tap Clear Data if present (You will not lose any personal information, including messages)

Let me know if this helps.

JosephE_VZW

0 Likes
jackiek330
Enthusiast - Level 2

Done, still didn't fix the issue. Smiley Sad