$800 off with Trade-in and New Line not Honored (6 months and counting)
GermKing
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not sure what is going on here, been a Verizon customer for over 2 years, with up to 5 lines on my account. On December 31st, 2021, we added another line while they had a promotion going on - Up to $1000 off a "Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra w 5G 128GB" with a trade-in on a new line. We even used their online tool to make sure our trade-in was eligible (Samsung Galaxy Note 10), and it was – for $800.

Fast forward 6 months, and the promo has not been applied. Since January, I have called and chatted with multiple reps, each time, the story was similar – “that the last person made a mistake, but they had fixed it. I got that assurance each time (after over an hour chatting or on the phone) for 4 months straight. They even promised to call back or send an email that all had been fixed. Only got a call back once, but the issue still remains, the promo has not been applied.

Now it appears that the store where we made the purchase made a mistake and did not apply the full promo, they just did a straight trade in ($137). This is what we have been trying to get corrected – it should be $800. Most of the reps I spoke with said they were submitting some sort of correction form and it would be resolved on my next bill. Now I have waited multiple bill cycles to see if the promo shows up bit it hasn’t.

This is getting quite frustrating – anyone have similar experience or advice on what to do?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: $800 off with Trade-in and New Line not Honored (6 months and counting)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GermKing, 

Getting the proper trade-in is a must, and I'm sorry this has been such a process for you. We're eager to get this addressed so you don't have to worry about it any longer. We're going to send you a private message within this platform. Please respond to the private message and we'll proceed.

-Ryan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GermKing, 

Getting the proper trade-in is a must, and I'm sorry this has been such a process for you. We're eager to get this addressed so you don't have to worry about it any longer. We're going to send you a private message within this platform. Please respond to the private message and we'll proceed.

-Ryan

0 Likes
GermKing
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, that was quick, kudos to the Verizon team. They spent some time reviewing my account and were able to apply the credit while I was online. The best part is it immediately showed up on my account for the upcoming billing cycle.

0 Likes
ryanbriss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Help! I have the exact same issue - would really like the level of assistance you received. thanks

0 Likes
ihatephonesbutiloveu
Enthusiast - Level 1
  • Wow! This is day 2 of them turning off my phone for this. I'm not sure why it's so confusing. They've ruined my birthday, charged my card. If it were up to me I would have switched a long time ago. At this point I just don't think have the most competent systems. Which is unfortunate because they're such a big company. If they receive my trade in, it should reflect on the bill immediately. I shouldn't do their job for them. Just how I feel. 
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! We never want to be the rain on someone's birthday. We want to make sure that we do all that we can to check the status of this trade-in for you. I will be sending you a Private Note. Please respond to that message. Thank you. 

-Kevin

0 Likes
wjack
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure how to make an original post, but my situation is similar. My daughter got a new line of service and her trade in was supposed to be 800 with a new line of service. Not up to 800. The representative just told me she did not send back the #iphone 11 and then he said didn't they tell you she would get up to $800 after inspection...no that is not what the deal was with best buy. I want to see the phone they are saying she sent in or I want the $ 800 credit. Also he went silent and just listened to me and pretended like he wasn't on the line. Yes I was upset and irate, but I'm tired of getting p#ss poor service when I have been with Verizon 16 yrs. They are only offering $142.50 after the best buy rep entered the promo code in the system. This is truly alarming and I'm ready to move my service elsewhere. I would rather Verizon correct this instead of having to take further action. I was also advised to file with small claims court and make a complaint with the FCC.

0 Likes
wjack
Enthusiast - Level 2

In addition,

I was asked about the service I received. I selected 1 for poor. They asked what happened. I explained and then when I communicated again and said why do you ask about my experience if you do not respond and then the next text stated I'm sorry this ticket has been closed. WHY???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello wjack, thank you for contacting us today. We're here to help! You mentioned you were told you didn't have to send in a phone, but you're now trying to do a trade-in? 

~Baldo

0 Likes
Gabe2961
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having same issues 

0 Likes