Re: A pointless pre-order? Galaxy S7 Edge
malibu01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I preordered 3/10 same story but here's where it gets muddy. Verizon said estimated ship date is 3/31 so I checked with Samsung and they say midnight 3/31 is a hard cutoff for entering your request for Gear.

So I called Verizon and explained this and they say as long as you preorder before 3/31 you are good.

Back to Samsung and they say no, 3/31 is an absolute cut off. After all this I suspect a lot of people are going to be disappointed when all the dust settles.  

0 Likes
berlinlt2
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon will tell you whatever you want to hear. But in the end it's a Samsung promotion and they make the rules. Unfortunately with Verizon their reps don't have any idea what's going on. I ordered my silver edge 2/28 and when I called on 3/7 I was curious as to when I would see it cause it was getting shipped to my hotel and I would not be there on the 31. He told me it would more than likely be the 31 and to call them and they would get it redirected.  Hour after I called and my shipping info changed and I received it on the 10. Verizon needs to work with their reps better. Samsung made it clear from day 1 that it ended at midnight 3/31

0 Likes
malibu01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called Verizon again and they are still telling me not to worry I preordered in time which is obviously BS.

I think Verizon did a lousy job of negotiating this promotion. Although I have been a loyal Verizon customer for nearly 20 years, methinks this might be the proverbial straw!!

0 Likes
Niecy23

I just got my phone yesterday...tried to register for the promotion...here's the real problem.  My pre-order date of 3/11/16 does not appear anywhere on my invoice.  It has the date they PROCESSED the order...3/22/16. So basically...we're SOL.  Talk about bait and switch by Verizon.  We all raced to pre-order online and then they ignore that date.

0 Likes