A question of the cloud.
JudithLeeRoy

Is it possible to get items saved to the 'cloud' back from it?

0 Likes
Re: A question of the cloud.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which cloud? The Google one? Microsoft? icloud? Dropbox? etc?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning and happy Sunday JudithLeeRoy,

Cloud services are so wonderful! It's a great alternative to backing up personal information while on the go. I love using my cloud servics for this very reason. As Ann154 posted, may I ask what cloud services are you using? Most of these services does allow you to retrieve information that is archived on the cloud. If you can be so kind as to advise which cloud services that you are using then I can look and share the steps on how to retrieve your information.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jkeeler13

Not to hijack this thread, but how about from the Verizon Cloud?

It's confusing to me that the Verizon Cloud indicates that it backs up messages, but I don't seem to have an easy way of downloading them back to my phone. For some reason today all of my messages were wiped.

The documents, messages, and phone call icons in the program all have exclamation points next to them. Is there a guide to using this app that explains how it can be used?

Thanks,

Jesse

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

jkeeler13 wrote:

Is there a guide to using this app that explains how it can be used?

All I seen so far is this:

Verizon Cloud FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Not applicable

tikibar1 wrote:

jkeeler13 wrote:

Is there a guide to using this app that explains how it can be used?

All I seen so far is this:

Verizon Cloud FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Took a story at Cnet yesterday and it said Verizons Cloud Storage works just as bad as AT&T people should use google or drop box. Proven reliable .

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Oh, geeze, louise ... I just saw my horrible typo ... a word was left out!  I meant to say "All I have seen so far is this". 

I saw a similar story a while ago.  I have Backup Assistant on the basic phones on my account, but would never use it on my smartphone ... I prefer other alternatives.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Typos, ha ha depending on what device I am using its a crap shoot if most of my replies make sense

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jesse,

Oh no! Messages are very important, so I know how hard it is to have them missing from the phone. I want to help. The Verizon Cloud services has not been released on the Samsung Galaxy 3 as of yet, so this service will not work on your device. You can check here for the release date on your device http://vz.to/11ROEig. How did you erase the messages on your device? Were you using any third-party applications? Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
handieeeeee

It has now been released. I had someone upload 1700 songs from their iphone. Now they are trying to download them to the S3. They can play them and download the current song that is playing, but how do download batches?

0 Likes